Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A trouser-related nightmare

FraeuleinBerlin

One of the Regulars
Trousers! They are so difficult to buy to fit! I don't like wearing trouserrs much at all, but I would like to have one or two nice pairs, so that when I can't find a pair of stockings that match or I need to be out the door in under five minutes, I can throw them on but still look chic.

HOWEVER, I can't seem to make vintage high waisted trousers work. They look nice as long as I don't tuck my top in, but then tucking your top in is what makes them look so adorably old-fashioned in the first place! I think it's to do with long legs and shorter body plus biiig boobs; ther high waist makes me look like I'm fat where I don't even have fat (which is not what we want). Is there any way of making them work or should I give up?

Thank you,

Cherry
xxx

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ditto what inky says.
Not sure if it would help or detract, but sometimes I find wearing a belt takes the focus away from other areas. Not, like, a white belt, but a darker color one. [huh]

FraeuleinBerlin

One of the Regulars
Hmmm, I don't think I have any photos of me in trousers, I've not owned a pair for a few years... I have one pair now, loose and linin and NOT high waisted, and they look nice. But I don't have any photos of me in high waisted ones because depression inevitably results from trying them on and I don't by them! I'll sneak my camera into some changing rooms and take a snap when I'm next out though. I'm pretty sure it's NOT my imagination; it's the same with tucking tops into pencil skirts. There's an unattractive no-waist effect even though I have a waist considerably smaller than my bust/hips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara