Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A1 from Aero

AdeeC

Practically Family
That looks much
3a59b6f4e6cde966892bd6acbd5a7e93.jpg

Another photo with the top button down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks much better. Looks like an excellent fit and no complaints from me. With the other photo the camera was aside from being too low likely tilted forward to cut out the head and caused a weird distortion.

SJC

Suspended
3c8368727df58b1f51c4b6f359a4029c.jpg

One of the best out there for leather protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool, I use leather honey. It was developed by a Scientist in the 1950's In Pennsylvania b/c he saw at the time they were using toxic chemicals. It's all natural, and for being oil based, it doesn't go rancid. You should try leather honey, expensive but worth every penny.

Edward

Bartender
Looked a size big to me in the original photo, but the second looks much better. (Is your jacket black, or is it just the lighting?) It's a relatively relaxed fit for the jacket, but imo well within the ballpark of how originals were typically worn. It looks like Aero have fitted this one out with slightly larger pockets as on an A2 - if you're not overly worried about it being massively "correct" to the original milspec (imo, the odd difference like this makes it somehow more accurate to what a civilian would have been wearing in the period anyhow), I wouldn't care - if anything, you'll probably find it more practical, especially if it has no inner pockets.

Regarding Pecards, don't bother with it for a few years yet. P's is amazing stuff for dealing with dried out, older jackets, but it really is unnecessary at this point. Aero's goat is beautiful stuff, imo one of the best midweight leathers out there - enjoy wearing it.

Phillyboy

New in Town
Looked a size big to me in the original photo, but the second looks much better. (Is your jacket black, or is it just the lighting?) It's a relatively relaxed fit for the jacket, but imo well within the ballpark of how originals were typically worn. It looks like Aero have fitted this one out with slightly larger pockets as on an A2 - if you're not overly worried about it being massively "correct" to the original milspec (imo, the odd difference like this makes it somehow more accurate to what a civilian would have been wearing in the period anyhow), I wouldn't care - if anything, you'll probably find it more practical, especially if it has no inner pockets.

Regarding Pecards, don't bother with it for a few years yet. P's is amazing stuff for dealing with dried out, older jackets, but it really is unnecessary at this point. Aero's goat is beautiful stuff, imo one of the best midweight leathers out there - enjoy wearing it.

Edward, the jacket is a dark brown goatskin and beautiful to touch. I am not worry about an exact reproduction of the original with small pockets. I find the larger pockets more attractive and practical. With a sweater underneath, I think it makes a very nice snug fit. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edward

Bartender
Edward, the jacket is a dark brown goatskin and beautiful to touch. I am not worry about an exact reproduction of the original with small pockets. I find the larger pockets more attractive and practical. With a sweater underneath, I think it makes a very nice snug fit. Thanks.

Indeed. Sometimes we can all be too quick to forget practicality with these things... ;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've only used Pecards twice: a desiccated A-2 and a Mary Quant jacket. The A-2 was certainly helped back to life a bit, though objectively it didn't reach the lovely conker brown finish that I've seen on some refurbs. With the Quant, it helped to even out the finish, as it had dried out in parts and not in others. It also helped to banish the smell of cigarette smoke that infested it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner