Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A2 fit

Lbxpdx

New in Town
I feel like this is a touch too big, but maybe I’m use to seeing awesome short A2 jackets that fit like a tight sweater.

IMG_5506.jpeg
IMG_5505.jpeg

Edward

Bartender
Looks like it fits well, and will actually allow you to be able to move in it with it zipped up. (I'm not a fan of the 90s over-sized look, but equally I think too many vintage jacket fanciers go through a stage of wearing their jackets far too tight; I know I did. Fine if you're going for the Joey Ramone look, but it's really not historically accurate (at least not beyond a lot of the Luftwaffe boys who did like that under-sized aesthetic it seems from photos).

It's certainly well within the ballpark of the better looking 'how they were really worn' fits. There was a huge variation in the USAAF (given so many of them wore whatever the QM threw at their head as they passed through the depot); the modern notion of a "correct" fit is really more of a fantasy via Hollywood anyhow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters