Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A2 Jacket on Old Time Television

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I was noodling around on YouTube and came across "Amos 'n Andy," a show I used to watch all the time when I was kid, and experienced a shock of recognition when I noticed the jacket he always wore was an A2. Not exactly "military fit," but all the characters on that show were scufflin'.

Incidentally I was in a vintage clothing store on the Sunset Strip yesterday and was able to amaze (sort of) the owner by correctly identifying an old, beat up jacket with no label as an Aero Highwayman. P.S. It was really broken in and was selling for $1400.00.

tumblr_m6tjs0uW661qljtfao7_250.jpg

D

Deleted member 16736

Great movie. Great jacket. I need to watch that one again for jackets. Probably a few Barnstormers in there too.

Ishmael

Practically Family
Never seen the Great Waldo Pepper, will have to check it out. Not to derail this thread further, but I'm wondering if there is a thread dedicated to the A-1 jacket? Tried searching, but the system didn't like "a-1" as a search term.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters