Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1920's Half Belt Pre-Production Sneak Peak!

Ishmael

Practically Family
Great looking jacket. Back looks a lot like a Sears Hercules.

Searscatalog.jpg

majormajor

One Too Many
"A new humidor zip cigarette pocket with waterproof lining - keeps your smokes fresh, matches dry"

Sounds good to me!;)

The only real difference (apart from the above) is that the side straps on the Sears are much lower

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
It's a nice jacket, but I don't get what's particularly "1920s" about it. Is "1920s" supposed to suggest that the jacket evokes the jackets of the 1920s? I've never really been convinced that Aero's "1930s" halfbelt really evokes leather jackets of that time period either.

bk

Could be true, Baron. I actually couldn't give a $%#@ about the accuracy of which decade myself. I just know what I like. I think the 1930's could just as easily be 40's or 50's.

majormajor

One Too Many
I guess the "20s", "30's", "50's" thing is simply to differentiate between the way the jacket fits?
The Sears advert looks to date from late 30's/early 40's

that's always my issue with that designation. Aero's fit is essentially always the same, but just a bit shorter or longer in the body while ignoring all the subtle - and not so subtle - construction differences that would make them "20s" "30s", "40s" etc.

Like those online "tailors" who claim to produce 1940s trousers, but it's just their standard trouser with 3" added to the top for a high waist.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
that's always my issue with that designation. Aero's fit is essentially always the same, but just a bit shorter or longer in the body while ignoring all the subtle - and not so subtle - construction differences that would make them "20s" "30s", "40s" etc.

Like those online "tailors" who claim to produce 1940s trousers, but it's just their standard trouser with 3" added to the top for a high waist.

Actually, our pre and post war patterns are totally different. Narrower cut, tighter sleeves, higher arm holes for the pre-war designs.

majormajor

One Too Many
Actually, our pre and post war patterns are totally different. Narrower cut, tighter sleeves, higher arm holes for the pre-war designs.

Hi Holly

I can see that the 20's HB has a slightly different front to the 30's HB, and the back is certainly different, but will there differences in the fit, too?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up

Holly, it would be fun to spend several hours in your factory trying on your jackets representing various eras and envy your customers that don't live several thousand miles away that can do that. My friend Butte did P/U his LHB at Aero, all the way from Los Angeles! He did say that Scotland was cold when he was there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy