Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1930's HB order

andy richards

Practically Family
A few weeks ago I've ordered a 1930's halfbelt in FQHH directly at Aero. I already had some email exchange with a very helpful Amanda, but would like some advice in jacket lenght on the FL.
All my Aero jackets are size 42 which are perfect for me.
The 1930's HB will have a 26" lenght at the back and 27" front (so a light slope in front). Do you think this leght will be ok for me as I am 6ft1. Or should I opt for an inch longer at the back? According to Amanda that will be a too much lenght for this style of jacket. What do you think?
Thanks,
Andy

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Sounds good to me, I'm 6'3 and 27 inch back length is best for my height, while still preserving the short look of the jackets. 26 inches for your 6'1 height should be just fine.

Deckburner

New in Town
I am 6'0"...short legs (32" inseam) and long torso. I ordered the same jacket with a 24.5" back based on tailored measurements and another jacket that I have. I had to send it back to aero with the request of adding 1.5" (making the new jacket 26" in the back) to the body of the jacket...it was too short. Amanda was so nice and said they would make a new jacket and send it out asap. I have not yet received the new jacket. But it sounds like we are similar height. So, the 26" back might work. When I get the jacket, I'll post some photos.
Not sure if this helps, but maybe it gives you some perspective...or at least peace of mind that Aero is willing to make the corrections..and so nice about it too!

westinghouse

One of the Regulars
I thought they measure from the bottom of the collar when it is folded, not the actual spot where it is folded.

andy richards

Practically Family
Nope... When I ordered the 1930's HB Amanda immediately send me an email regarding the back length. In her opinion the back length was far too long (I measured it from top of collar) :eusa_doh: .... At Aero they measure from the collar seam.
Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael