Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 50s Halfbelt

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
[As an aside, the impression I've had from all the photos of the Ace scene was that the Perfecto style was relatively rare as compared to the striahgt centre zip jackets. Was that how it was?[/QUOTE]

As far as I recall the straight zip styles were definitely much more common. There were some jackets with an angled zip and very, very few full on Perfecto types (some were around though-- I believe they may have been jackets traded by airmen on US bases who would race their Harleys against the Goldies, Bonnevilles, Dominators etc that Brits rode. We would generally p*ss all over them on twisty country roads.....) .....but then I was only on the rocker scene from '62 to '65/'66-ish so I am no authority .....and it may come as something of a shock to F.Loungers but we didn't really discuss the niceties of our jackets and jeans ! That sort of talk was the preserve of the mods.... (although a really gravity defying quiff might have merited some remarks ).

My own jacket and white scarf were replaced around 65/66 by an Afghan coat and beads......and the open road and occasional hospital ward swapped for more internal journeys....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR