Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A-2 jacket and US authentic G-1 Questions

Lord Jagged

New in Town
I envy you being a regular fit Vern. I am far from it at 6' 5", overweight and with arms like a gibbon. I had the good fortune to be introduced to a UK based company called Cirrus who are happy to hand-make flying jackets. My A-2 is a really lovely reproduction and brilliant quality. I couldn't be happier with it!

A2.jpg

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Agree with Doc on the FS sizing. I take a 44 in RMNZ a 42 in ELC and a 42 or 44 in Aero. I only have original 422s and G1s all 42. In FS their 42 A2 is too large so I would take a 40. So the advice going down a size is about right.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Tailor Made A2

I had the good fortune to be introduced to a UK based company called Cirrus who are happy to hand-make flying jackets. My A-2 is a really lovely reproduction and brilliant quality. I couldn't be happier with it! [/QUOTE said:
I tried to grab some Band of Brothers discount stock from New Zealand's
Real McCoy, but unfortunately nothing left in my size. Paddy, the RMNZ
rep, suggested a custom made A2, which I'm still considering. Maybe next
year....

The Mad Hatter

A-List Customer
How do the flight suits M422a's fit? Im looking for a snug fit like you see in photographs of the originals. How would this compare in quality to an Eastman? How about in authenticity? I appreciate the help.

FlightSuits used to allow you to return an order if you were not satisfied. So you could order one and check it out directly.

JWG

Familiar Face
I found the opposite in FS. Yes they are fuller in the torso but their shoudlers are not overly wide per size.

In their M422A (which is really nice might I add) I needed my suit size as the sleeves are actually quite trim. Yes the torso is fuller but it gives a comfortable drape and once it broke in the "fullness" "puffiness" subsided.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran