Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A-2 'Unknown Maker' 1756 contract

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well, my other has half texted me, there's a big box from Gala sitting at home in Glasgow for me, and here I am stuck an hour away in Linlithgow, up to my neck in gloss paint. Talk about frustrating? Watch this space...

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, my other has half texted me, there's a big box from Gala sitting at home in Glasgow for me, and here I am stuck an hour away in Linlithgow, up to my neck in gloss paint. Talk about frustrating? Watch this space...

How frustrating for you Craig.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Up here, it's leather weather 365...

Mid afternoon in N Texas and only 60F today but not for long. Wettest spring here since over 100 years. Today probably the last time I can wear a leather jacket until fall. Look forward to seeing pics of your A-2!

Mid afternoon in N Texas and only 60F today but not for long. Wettest spring here since over 100 years. Today probably the last time I can wear a leather jacket until fall. Look forward to seeing pics of your A-2!

Can you move some of that rain over this way to CA?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well, I managed to make it back to Glasgow in record time and without getting a speeding ticket, so that was a good start. Anyway, this is what was waiting for me:

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0389.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

IMG_0390.JPG

These pics really don't do the jacket justice, tbh, as the leather has a fantastic depth of colour and grain. A big thanks to Christine for a beautiful job, there's not a stitch out of place, the construction is rock solid; Ed has done a fantastic job in bringing out the best in the hides, and Denny showed his usual forbearance in dealing with my kvetching about everything, right down to the thread colour!
Anyway, a quick run down on the details: size 38, leather is seal vincenza, I asked for a darker than standard selection to try and match the pics of originals I'd seen; knits are caramel, original Conmar zip, rust lining, and rust thread.
I'm afraid the other half was running out the door just as I came in, so fit pics will have to wait until tomorrow, but it's very close to my russet A-2 - trim with a high collar, which is just the ticket, so I'm absolutely delighted with it, it couldn't be better.
*forgot to mention that it smells amazing.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Exceptionally nice A-2 Craig. Congratulations and look forward to fit pics but sure it will fit similar to your other A-2. :thumb:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Cheers, I think this is the same stuff John Chapman uses on his A-2s. It's got that nice balance of colour and grain without looking like fancy dress. The caramel knits are really nice as well - they're a sort of golden hue, which I don't think I've caught with the camera.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Cheers, I think this is the same stuff John Chapman uses on his A-2s. It's got that nice balance of colour and grain without looking like fancy dress. The caramel knits are really nice as well - they're a sort of golden hue, which I don't think I've caught with the camera.

Yes, I remember when Thurston first introduced Vincenza it was announced that it had been jointly sourced with JC. Now he and Diamond Dave both use it.

Apparently there will be a thread soon to teach you how to paint that too.

Can't wait to see the fit pics Sloan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy