Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A2 38-1711-P in FQHH after 5 Month

Cole

One of the Regulars
It's been five month now since I got this jacket and it has seen some regular wear since then. It has broken in quite nicely and the leather looks and feels amazing.

The only downside is, that it feels a little to roomy right now. I know, this is allready the 2nd 38-1711-P and this one is considerably smaller then the first one (which had the wrong meassurements). I lost close to 20 pounds of weight the last few month and now the jacket offers way to much room in the sides and the back (or at least it feels like it), additionaly the shoulders seem to hang a little, now that the leather relaxed. :(

I'm still going to keep it, since I moste likely won't be able to hold my actual weight for long (haven't been so light since I was twenty, and that was a long while ago) ond it might fit better again when I regained some weight.

take2-5.jpg

take2-6.jpg

take2-7.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well, as you tuck into your third burger of the day, just tell yourself that it means you'll be getting maximum use out of your jacket - love the hide btw, fanatastic depth to the colour.

irow

New in Town
is it possible to take in the shoulders? and maybe the sides? seems like such a shame if you can't keep it after your weight loss.

Oye. The jacket looks great. I get rundown with people nitpicking over 2/10" on every seem of a jacket. It fits fine and we're not all models with perfect dimensions.
Not trying to be snarky, but it can get too obsessive at times :)

Alabama

New in Town
I think the fit looks great. If you look at WW2 photos there never was a perfect fit.

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Hi Cole,

I know exactly what you are talking about. But that is just a personal feeling. The jacket looks really good fitting. The hanging shoulders is with every 38-1711. Just my one, that was very snug, had have these hanging shoulders.

Here some pics of my new 38-1711 on the pattern of the Bronco.

8066593860_2748547010_z.jpg

8066595465_f2a603e0cb_z.jpg

Just dreaming.....

Brettafett

One Too Many
Howdy, this I find interesting (this is what I was asking about in the other post about 'custom' options)...
If I may ask: What hide is this? Are those mid brown cuffs?
What size is this jacket? Did you lengthen it art all? How tall are you? And what size do you normally wear? And...
Is that a 1711 collar with collar stand or a Bronco collar?
;-) Sorry about the interrogation, but the info would be appreciated...

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
"Excuse me quartermaster sergeant, but do you think I can get a A2 jacket which is a little bit tighter on the shoulders - and maybe not so roomy in the back? Please?" :)
C'mon - it's a great fit and a super jacket!

thor

Call Me a Cab
The only bad thing about finding the "perfect" A-2 is that the search for that perfect jacket would be over. It's a paradox. Sometimes the hunt is better then the kill, as they say.
I appreciate each and every jacket in my collection for their unique qualities including fit (each one fitting a bit different).
The jacket looks good. Enjoy it!

Philalethes

A-List Customer
The jacket looks great.

It might be slightly roomy in the back, etc., but you will love that when you can actually wear a sweater under it (and thus get more use out of it).

As for the "perfect" military fit, most of the pictures I have seen of WWII A2s showcase droopy shoulders.

The jacket looks great.It might be slightly roomy in the back, etc., but you will love that when you can actually wear a sweater under it (and thus get more use out of it).As for the "perfect" military fit, most of the pictures I have seen of WWII A2s showcase droopy shoulders.
The larger back appears to be common from what I've seen. But to me, it's nowhere near sloppy. Leather of significant weight just can't fit too tightly or it sucks :)

Last edited:

ando.thun

New in Town
The jacket looks really great

Don't worry about a little looser fit, to me this looks absolutely normal.
Some years ago I met some polish veterans of the RAF and they showed me a lot of wartime photographs. They mostly were whippet lean and all their gear looked to roomy.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Not very mild here...p...ing down and all. The jacket looks VERY good on you. In fact both yours and Olli's are very good examples of two terribly good looking Aero A2s:

Just have to post those pictures again here...

take2-6.jpg

8066593860_2748547010_z.jpg

BTW: Those fleece gloves are a real change in style, especially since the rest of you attire is perfect.

Why not look into these (very warm):
http://www.original-flightjackets.com/shop/Accessories/Gloves/Merino-Gloves-natur::665.html

Cole

One of the Regulars
BTW: Those fleece gloves are a real change in style, especially since the rest of you attire is perfect.

Why not look into these (very warm):
http://www.original-flightjackets.com/shop/Accessories/Gloves/Merino-Gloves-natur::665.html

For practical reasons Jan. They keep my fingers warm enough and are still thin enough to let me handle any equipent and clothing of my kids. I would have to take gloves that are thicker then them off all the time to close a shoe, whipe a nose, reclose a zipper etc. :)

Oh and the good looking Aero A2 seems to come with the name, since I am also an Oliver. Only that I write the short form Oli, which is a more or less religous debate among our kind. ;)

pauleway

Practically Family
It's been five month now since I got this jacket and it has seen some regular wear since then. It has broken in quite nicely and the leather looks and feels amazing.

The only downside is, that it feels a little to roomy right now. I know, this is allready the 2nd 38-1711-P and this one is considerably smaller then the first one (which had the wrong meassurements). I lost close to 20 pounds of weight the last few month and now the jacket offers way to much room in the sides and the back (or at least it feels like it), additionaly the shoulders seem to hang a little, now that the leather relaxed. :(

I'm still going to keep it, since I moste likely won't be able to hold my actual weight for long (haven't been so light since I was twenty, and that was a long while ago) ond it might fit better again when I regained some weight.

take2-5.jpg

take2-6.jpg

take2-7.jpg

That jacket fits you perfectly. If you sell it now, you'll regret it later!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot