Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A2 With The Neatest Cut?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
By all accounts, it won't be the full-fat FQHH, that stuff doesn't give the correct drape for an A-2. It should be a mid-weight horse, which won't have the same extreme wrinkling and shortening of sleeves. I would avoid tunneling too, it just doesn't do the jacket justice - I handed back a lovely seal A-2 exactly because of this. I think if you're going for one of the slimmer shapes, you probably want to size up. To me, though, the best looking A-2s are the ones that are close-fitting - though as people will tell you around here, there's no such thing as a 'standard fit'. That said, if it's too loose, it can end up looking a bit 'blouson' and you don't want that. My A-2 just drops over the top of the belt of my jeans which suits me fine.

theundeadkennedy

One of the Regulars
I don't know if the horse they will use will be mid weight. I do know that I want the same hide that Gancho and Cole used on theirs, it was choice for both of them.

Thanks for the advice Sloan! I'll definitely keep your points on fit in mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats