Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AERO Bronco - this is how it looks on me, PICS

JanSolo

Practically Family
Griff, yes the finish looks awesome. Before I took it off the hanger I didn't even know that Aero had upgraded their midweight jerky Horween stuff.
Their smooth hh looked rather boring but the jerky hh is great....pliable, consistent thickness, loads of grain, good weight, and a really thin spray finish that doesn't cover the surface texture at all. You can virtually look inside the leather.

Well, I've spoken to Sascha a couple of times but they are too far away from where I live to pay them frequent visits. Their shop is great though and they have A LOT of cool stuff in stock. Great denim and classic knitwear section, Eastman, Aero, Lewis Leathers, Gloverall, Red Wing, Thorogood...you name them. You can virtually spend whole days at their depot/shop and try things on an speak to other customers who are just as mad as you...

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Sounds like a nice place to visit at payday :D

But if you get the chance again, take a pic in a sheepskinjacket for me :) (since we are almost the same build)

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
1st pic looks spot on, a nice combo of colours there. Anything showing an un tucked shirt looks like you cant be bothered, but thats just my opinion

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Griff, yes the finish looks awesome. Before I took it off the hanger I didn't even know that Aero had upgraded their midweight jerky Horween stuff.

It is my understanding that Aero sources their FQHH from Horween but am not sure that Aero sources their MWHH from Horween. Holly?

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Jan, nice look. I've also been getting into RRL lately. Wouldn't touch Ralph Lauren's normal clothing line with a barge pole, but the vintage/retro aesthetic of RRL hits my sweet spot big time. The shirts are normally £175 and up, which even I can't justify, but they were 60% off at the recent sale (it may still be on) in the London Mayfair store -- I bought three.

Sir J

Rockin' Dog

New in Town
Hey Jan.....
Very Nice jacket!
I myself, am in the process of ordering an A-2 from Aero. I've had some hide samples they sent me late last year to help me select.
I'm still trying to also decide on the contract/style to go for....the Bronco was a strong contender, can I ask you how do you find the fit around the upper arms, shoulders, chest areas ...reasonably roomy or slender? I'm keen to find out from other customer experiences as I'm extra large in those areas so I need to choose wisely!
Thx! -'Dog

JanSolo

Practically Family
The Bronco is generally a slim and slender jacket but it is quite roomy around the shoulders. The upper sleeves are also not too tight.
Aero's 38-1711 is much tighter around the shoulders and the upper sleeves but overall boxier, wider and shorter than the Bronco.

If you work out on a normal level and you're just fit and well built I'm quite sure that the Bronco will be a good fit. If you are really into bodybuilding I'm afraid none of Aero's A2s will fit as their sleeves might be too restrictive.
To sum it up the fit of the Bronco: There's enough room in the shoulder and the upper torso in general but the pattern is very unforgiving if you have a bit of a belly.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Rockin' Dog

New in Town
Thanks Jan!
Helps plenty!
I've been "working out" for many years though nowadays I would probably be somewhere between normal & bodybuilder. The Bronco sounds like it may be a good possibility for me. and if the pattern is tapered around the belly...good!
I just didn't want to end up getting an A-2 that gave a good upper torso/arms fit and then had a blouse-y excess of leather around the lower-back & midriff.....not a good look IMO!
Cheers!

JanSolo

Practically Family
You're welcome! Good luck with your new jacket!

Sir J, yes RRL stuff is nice. Usually very high quality fabrics, sometimes even with vintage weave pattern. Fit, finish and hardware is also well above many other high quality brands that produce vintage inspired clothing. I can fully understand why the Japanese are so crazy about this brand.
But the price, oh the price!!! Got these service pants as a gift and the person who gave it to me only paid a fraction of the original sales price....which was close to 300 €. Ouch, that's steep for a pair of chinos!
Do you have a picture of your shirts?

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Jan, I'll try to snap the shirts. They really are very nice. And about £70 each on sale. I intend to plunder that shop next year when (if) they hold a sale. They had plenty of stock, too. I'm surprised the brand breaks even; I'd wonder how many people were receptive to that taste, especially at those prices. I read that RRL was a labour of love for Ralph Lauren, recreating original American workwear, and that it did indeed only break even. (Ironic, of course, that a shop selling "original workwear" should be in Mayfair, with shirts -- some deliberately torn -- at around half the weekly wage.)

Sir J

Edward

Bartender
Jan, I'll try to snap the shirts. They really are very nice. And about £70 each on sale. I intend to plunder that shop next year when (if) they hold a sale. They had plenty of stock, too. I'm surprised the brand breaks even; I'd wonder how many people were receptive to that taste, especially at those prices. I read that RRL was a labour of love for Ralph Lauren, recreating original American workwear, and that it did indeed only break even. (Ironic, of course, that a shop selling "original workwear" should be in Mayfair, with shirts -- some deliberately torn -- at around half the weekly wage.)

Sir J

Yes... It's like a bizarro world version of army surplus. Back in the late eighties and early nineties, the local army surplus place became my go-to for casual wardrobe. I still wear some of those pieces (I've found little outside of my Aero / ELC / etc jackets to touch it for durability). Use to weird my dad out, as he'd grown up in a time and place where people wore army surplus gear only if they couldn't afford anything else - to see it as fashion didn't stack up for him. I have similar feelings seeing people pay prices for workwear that would leave me scared to wear the stuff, let alone do any actual work in it for fear of damage. lol I'd be interested in how long the shirts last. I could see me paying seventy quid for a shirt only if it lasted at least twice as long as what I can get for thirtyish elsewhere...

All that said, money no object I would do a lot of shopping in RRL!

Last edited:

JanSolo

Practically Family
YES! Griff this is the one! Great you've found it. Much cheaper from RL's site...also reduced by a good amount.

Mine are a size W32L34 and the fit is great.

Here's another pic of some dude wearing them:

2085.jpg

Edward, if I would have access to premium 30s-60s NOS military surplus (British, Scandinavian and American that is) I would wear NOTHING else. I know how well made many of these things are...

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
YES! Griff this is the one! Great you've found it. Much cheaper from RL's site...also reduced by a good amount.

Mine are a size W32L34 and the fit is great.

Here's another pic of some dude wearing them:

2085.jpg

Are they quite low-waisted, or is that just an optical illusion in this photo?

Edward, if I would have access to premium 30s-60s NOS military surplus (British, Scandinavian and American that is) I would wear NOTHING else. I know how well made many of these things are...

Ha, tell me about it. Still, aside from the leathers (where you really do get what you pay for), I've honestly been very often very pleasantly surprised at how good even some of the cheaper stuff is. A lot of my best period looks are reliant on some carefully chosen military repro pieces used for civilian style. If only the Panzer Division and the likes hadn't insisted on having buckles and laces at the ankles so often, they would have really opened up my colour palette.... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo