Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Collared Board Racer (Seven)

dan_t

Practically Family
Hi all, here's a couple of very quick pics of the latest Aero to come home.

It's a collared Board Racer (also known as a 'Seven').

This journey has seen me try to find 'the perfect' classic, understated & timeless jacket. I've been through several iterations of this jacket so far, all based on the cafe racer design. After significant $$'s spent & jackets on-sold, I've come to realise that this pattern just doesn't work for my shape. Enter the Board Racer.

The pattern is a much better fit for my shape & as such, I thought I'd roll the dice again.

I requested the flagship FQHH, but didn't want any old hide (I was rather underwhelmed when I ordered the brown FQHH some time back). So, this time round, it's the tumbled version. I had requested a hide that had a brilliant depth of colour & underlying reddish tones.

Boy did the team at Aero deliver!

Artfully crafted by Julie, there’s not a stitch out of place. Even the seams at the rear of the sleeves line up perfectly with the single point yoke (as requested). yes, I can be a little bit OCD...

The entire team at Aero were a pleasure to deal with.

I couldn't be happier with the jacket, or the way it fits.

So, here it is....
(sorry, no fit pic's at this stage, just too busy to set it all up)
p.s. click on each image for a much larger version & to see the fantastic grain, right out of the box.

Aero Seven Jan 2020.jpg
Aero Seven Jan 2020-2.jpg
Aero Seven Jan 2020-3.jpg

Last edited:

JCSD

Practically Family
Hi all, here's a couple of very quick pics of the latest Aero to come home.

It's a collared Board Racer (also known as a 'Seven').

This journey has seen me try to find 'the perfect' classic, understated & timeless jacket. I've been through several iterations of this jacket so far, all based on the cafe racer design. After significant $$'s spent & jackets on-sold, I've come to realise that this pattern just doesn't work for my shape. Enter the Board Racer.

The pattern is a much better fit for my shape & as such, I thought I'd roll the dice again.

I requested the flagship FQHH, but didn't want any old hide (I was rather underwhelmed when I ordered the brown FQHH some time back). So, this time round, it's the tumbled version. I had requested a hide that had a brilliant depth of colour & underlying reddish tones.

Boy did the team at Aero deliver!
I couldn't be happier with the jacket, or the way it fits.

So, here it is....
(sorry, no fit pic's at this stage, just too busy to set it all up)

View attachment 204644 View attachment 204645 View attachment 204646
Beautiful piece!

Colin G

One Too Many
Very nice @dan_t but your timing is terrible, with the heat and bushfires this suckers is going to just sit there for another 6 months!

I am so worried and saddened from what is happening down there in Australia. The destruction, the unimaginable loss of wildlife and fragile ecosystems and the terror people are feeling as the flames close in.

My thoughts are with you guys down there and I wish I could come help and volunteer.

dan_t

Practically Family
Thanks guys. Yes, the conditions around our country at the moment are truly horrific. The warmer weather also means that this jacket isn’t going to see any wear for a bit yet.
That’s ok though, as I’ve got a couple of months to stare at it, smell it & wait (that sounds weird).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo