Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero cordovan & brown FQHH sufficiently different?

Lear

One of the Regulars
I'm pretty much stuck on the Aero Veste coat. I have my size figured and love the style.

So... would another Veste in brown FQHH, look sufficiently different to my current cordovan FQHH? The only thing that's putting me off black (never seen it, other than in pics), is that it might look like every other black coat. I was on the underground today, noticing how the mass of black leather jackets morphed into a single homogeneous statement. That statement was boring and dull.

Ace Rimmer - Hurry up and get your black Veste. I'm keen to have a detailed inspection of this rare beast. Yep, I've already seen the pics on both the UK & USA Aero sites. The more the better.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
Personally, I love black leather jackets :)

More than the color, I think you should look at the style of the jackets. A brown HWYman and a cordovan Veste would be vastly different. However, a brown Cheyenne and a cordovan Veste would look very similar.

What is your other coat?

Lear

One of the Regulars
HighandDry said:
Personally, I love black leather jackets :)

More than the color, I think you should look at the style of the jackets. A brown HWYman and a cordovan Veste would be vastly different. However, a brown Cheyenne and a cordovan Veste would look very similar.

What is your other coat?

It's also a Veste :eek:

Peacoat

Bartender
I think there would be sufficient difference to justify ordering another Aero! In fact I have the same situation with the Cordovan Highwayman. I now want one that is fitted a little larger, and in a brown. I just like the Highwayman style. So, I can justify getting another one in a different color.

HighandDry

A-List Customer
Wow, you guys must have forgiving wives! My wife would clock me if I had a brown Veste and I got a cordovan one!

Hey, whatever makes you happy! Personally, I think I would get another jacket style.

Here's a pic of Aero's more rusty brown HH of several years ago with some wear.....

IMG_0114.jpg

Here is their current brown HH as new....

IMG_0110.jpg

...And the black HH with quite a bit of wear...

100_0415.jpg

Sorry...I don't have an Aero in cordovan for comparison. However...It seems that Aero's cordovan has a different base color that differs enough from the brown especially with wear. The older cordovan hides could have a somewhat purplish hue...while their cherry HH had a more rosey colored base.
HD

Lear

One of the Regulars
Peacoat said:
I think there would be sufficient difference to justify ordering another Aero! In fact I have the same situation with the Cordovan Highwayman. I now want one that is fitted a little larger, and in a brown. I just like the Highwayman style. So, I can justify getting another one in a different color.

So... I'm not as mad as I thought. EDIT - Actually, I am.

I'm wondering if there's a Horween whiskey horsehide. Maybe I'm confusing it with the smaller pieces of cordovan (the material, not the colour) used in shoes. If such a thing does exist, Aero should bring it into their range.

HighandDry said:
Wow, you guys must have forgiving wives! My wife would clock me if I had a brown Veste and I got a cordovan one!

Hey, whatever makes you happy! Personally, I think I would get another jacket style.

That's what quick drying cement is for, and the need for a new patio. Nobody gets between me and a new Aero :rage:

I do actually see your point. I'm in the grip of FQHH insanity. Nothing a quick gallop around the garden won't cure.

HoosierDaddy said:
Here's a pic of Aero's more rusty brown HH of several years ago with some wear.....

Thanks HoosierDaddy. One day I'll get up to their Scottish factory, and have a good old root around. My third Aero (next year) will be a Mariner with thick wool lining.

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
Lear said:
Ace Rimmer - Hurry up and get your black Veste. I'm keen to have a detailed inspection of this rare beast. Yep, I've already seen the pics on both the UK & USA Aero sites. The more the better.

Will do. Still waiting. :( Coming up on week 24 now. Hope it's here by Christmas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles