Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero ebay frustrations

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You will bid to low on the first one (because there are still 4 others left), a little higher on the second, than bid too high on the third, win it and pay loads of money just to see the last two go for dirt cheap.

Ross817

New in Town
You will bid to low on the first one (because there are still 4 others left), a little higher on the second, than bid too high on the third, win it and pay loads of money just to see the last two go for dirt cheap.

No truer words have ever been spoken.

schitzo

Suspended

haha I like that

But for me it boils down to your size. If you're an unusual size then the above could very well play out. But if yours is a fairly regular size then my advice is for you is to go in hard on the first one. The rationale being that others, in the same boat as yourself and keen to snag a bargain will hold back and end up going in hardest for the later ones.

Just for the sake of argument let us suppose there were 5 identical aero jackets listed. In such a circumstance I'd have my money on the last 2 fetching the biggest price every time.

Good luck!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Funnily-enough, it's the same fellah who was on here a month of so back, posting ding-bat PR for AL. Interesting to note that despite all his big talk about his faith in the company, he still uses Aero's good name to push their product. [huh]

Funnily-enough, it's the same fellah who was on here a month of so back, posting ding-bat PR for AL. Interesting to note that despite all his big talk about his faith in the company, he still uses Aero's good name to push their product. [huh]
Name, history, staff. Yeah, gotta chuckle at that...

eggleman

One of the Regulars
If you pick one up , I hope it doesn't stink of B.O. , like the last one that I bought off ebay .
Still trying to wash the stench out ....

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just for the sake of argument let us suppose there were 5 identical aero jackets listed. In such a circumstance I'd have my money on the last 2 fetching the biggest price every time.
Yes, this was just my version of "murphys law". Often you just need some luck and predictions can be all wrong. Supposed there was a buyer with bigger funds than you who just decided to bid on one of all this jackets...and all bets are off. [huh]

Apparently there is no way around the AL vs Aero stuff at the moment, is there. :eusa_doh:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Anyone know the deal with that seller selling the mass amount of A-2s from just about every maker? They all look like they have been stored in plastic bags for 20 years!

Interbak

One of the Regulars
I doubt that eBay seller is trying to flog it as an Aero. Old eBay standard listing trick. Put as many related words in the title as you can so it shows up in more search's. I'll bet there are a lot more people out there searching for Aero's than AL's and if this was to pop up in their search, they might just be interest. It doesn't always have to be a conspiracy, just marketing, and no, I don't know the guy or have any vested interest in his auctions.

Later,

schitzo

Suspended
@ Worf relax fella I doubt very much anyone here would accuse you of that!

@ FFF yes that's right I know what you mean. In 10 years I never had a single bidding war break out on one of my items, it was always the first bid that won it. And then, just the other month finally one broke out in the last hour of a listing I had for a used wallet. I'd listed it for £50 and it went for £155! It was a great wallet but I never could have predicted that.

Re: the Aero AL discussion, which is a personal fave. To all intents and purposes AL are aero.

@ whoever it is that likes to delete my posts on here, please don't do that anymore. It isn't very nice

nick123

I'll Lock Up
@ Worf relax fella I doubt very much anyone here would accuse you of that!

@ FFF yes that's right I know what you mean. In 10 years I never had a single bidding war break out on one of my items, it was always the first bid that won it. And then, just the other month finally one broke out in the last hour of a listing I had for a used wallet. I'd listed it for £50 and it went for £155! It was a great wallet but I never could have predicted that.

Re: the Aero AL discussion, which is a personal fave. To all intents and purposes AL are aero.

@ whoever it is that likes to delete my posts on here, please don't do that anymore. It isn't very nice

What happened to our tall guy thread? The one where (I believe it was you) referenced that tall AL jacket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff