Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Grand Theft Sale – who's going?

willyto

One Too Many
I'm going! I booked a trip to Edinburgh just for the sale on Saturday in Galashiels.

Aero just listed this new information:

There’s only a few weeks to go before our Grand Theft Aero Sale Day, taking place on Saturday 20th August.

The main Sale will consist of approx. 150 jackets new and used Aero Jackets across a wide range of styles and fairly equally spread across the 38-48 size range with enough 36’s and 50’s to merit a visit and even a few 34” and some size 52's all at amazing prices.

These jackets include a considerable number of relabelled 4oz Chrome Excel Steerhide jackets in addition to all the jackets that were stolen and recovered, a selection which also includes a few jackets from other makers, Buzz Rickson, Eastman etc.

For those who can’t make it on the day there will be an on line sale on Monday 22nd, of all the items not sold in the main Saturday 'bricks and mortar' sale. A full list of what will be available for the online sale will be posted on our news page on Sunday 21st.

While both sales will include a large quantity of Jeans, Levi Vintage, Lee, Wrangler Bluebell, for those who make the journey to Galashiels there will be also be lots of items that won’t be on any list, these include Aero samples and one offs, some Kid’s jackets, a good number of Ladies jackets from the development of that range, lots of original vintage jackets, both Military and Civilian and many end of line Shirts, Boots, Knitwear etc.

Trains run from Edinburgh Waverley every 30 minutes, and with many budget airlines flying into Edinburgh and Glasgow don’t miss this opportunity to be at this ‘not to be missed’ sale.

Please contact us on enquiries@aeroleatherclothing.com if you have any questions or require assistance with planning your trip.

I guess we'll have to go very early in the morning! I think I will just travel with my luggage empty. There's so many things to buy :eek:

I'm dying to see where the jackets are priced...Might turn un-needed into necessity!! My only fear, as I think handymike pointed out, is eBay poachers. Be nice to have a good chunk of that bargain and reinvented Kharma passed on down the line.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I haven't made up my mind yet. I am afraid I end up buying "compromiss" jackets which won't be perfect in every regard and I then end up ordering a new one, and paying twice. At the moment, all I actually want is an A-1 in CLX FQHH and Aero doesn't do CLX on their repro jackets, so I guess I'll try to stay strong and not buy a dozen different jackets just because of the good opportunity.

Luckily, I have no money so sale or not, it's all the same to me.

I wonder if resellers have the sale on their radars?

There are a lot of A-2s up for grabs. The relabelled steer jackets are serious beasts for fans of heavy leather.
Sloan, if there's a bike jacket in that 4oz (size 42") can you just kind of stand in front of it all day, holding your drink really nonchalantly, while pointing at other jackets, so I can grab it off the site? Too much? Crossing the line? Thanks:D

I'm afraid I add a 25 per cent surcharge for such services...
There's an ambiguity here: 25% or 25 per cent spent. If I can't recruit you for my defensive line I'll gladly settle for any recon photos:) Man I'd love to be there for that. Looking forward to seeing pics from the lucky lot in attendance. Christmas is likely coming really early for some folks this year.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
To Peacoat's point, I checked flights from both Minneapolis and Chicago to Scotland and it was minumum $1250 just to get there. I really want to come visit, however would want to stay a while and just don't have the budget for all those travels presently. The base fare is more than any of thier jackets in that sale I suspect.

plainsman

Familiar Face
I will look online for what may be left. Most likely jean or accessory as I doubt jackets in the right size would remain

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Sadly wouldn't describe Galashiels as the most scenic town any more, what with rundown high street and giant Tesco, but still tempted to go. Anyone recommend decent B&B?

dan_t

Practically Family
A 24 hour flight & cross country sojourn will likely turn a $1,600 jacket into a $6,000 'bargain'.
Man I wish I could go. I REALLY do not need any more jackets right now, but somehow I can see myself setting the alarm clock to Scotland time just to log on to see what's left......
Anything in a longer 42? Anyone?

Mark

Practically Family
Really cannot see the point in going unless you live nearby. Travel expenses likely to wipe out any saving you might make. Hopefully see something online after.

Really cannot see the point in going unless you live nearby. Travel expenses likely to wipe out any saving you might make. Hopefully see something online after.
I think the point being, that if you were able/willing to buy a few, it might indeed cover the costs of travel and you also get a trip for your troubles...
I know that the one Aero I have that I picked up at the factory in 2011 is always going to be a very special jacket, even though I don't wear it much. I think I'd be hard pressed to ever sell that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner