Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Highwayman...contrasting stitching?

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Looking into a couple different jackats, one being a Highwayman in black. How do you think an off-white/cream colored stitching would look on black HH? Cool or cheesy?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
shakeshead Personally, I would go with black stitching, as I did with my recent black vintage FQHH HWM. Just my two cents.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Got to agree with Fanch. The HWM is a very clean, unfussy jacket. The less you screw around with it, the better.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Maybe a more subtle color stitching would work better...for example a midnight-blue, or dark gray and of course matching the lining colors..I'm sure samples of leather, thread,and lining could be supplied by Aero...

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I really like cream white stitching on black leather on belts (and my wife's purse, lol), so I thought it might look cool on this jacket and give it a kinda 'western' look. But I sure don't want it to look 'poncy' as the one guy put it. I'm not going for a lad of fancy full of wild fanciful abandon look, lol.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
My concern with something like high-contrast stitching is that you could tire of it quite quickly (like a tattoo, what starts off a great idea can become tedious if you look at it every day). And if you do bore of it and want to sell on, the stitching may make it harder to sell or at least affect the re-sale price. That said, if you really fancy it, don't be put off by us, it's your jacket and your money.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I'm not gonna do it. If I was sold on the idea no one could change my mind, but I was on the fence. I guess I'd need to see it first. To big of a gamble to order one like that site unseen.

Graemsay

Practically Family
I like contrasting stitching, so I'd say go for it.

Besides I suspect that once the jacket has been worn for a while it'll fade down a bit.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Personally, I always associate coloured stitching with luggage, but that's just me. But you do get olive drab stitching on some A-2s, so I won't labour the point. Edward's right, though, a very pale stitching could get rather grubby.

majormajor

One Too Many
My A2 has olive drab stitching, but you can only really notice it from close up. From across a room, you can't see it.

Denim jackets, however, would look wrong WITHOUT contrast stitching, and I've got loads of them.

Would I buy an Aero FQHH jacket with contrast stitching?......No;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy