Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather cafe racer (perfect condition) for exchange

Mikel64

New in Town
Hello to all,

I am new on this forum. I purchased last March a horsehide custom cafe racer jacket from Aero Leather. Although I gave my correct measurements, it doesn't fit me, so I don't wear it.

It is not because the jacket is new and not broken in, it is too tight and I can hardly zip it up. Aero advised me a 40, and I think it should have been a 42.

Details :
Size 40
Leather colour: Cordovan CXFQHH with olive drab thread
Pocket style: 4 pocket
Zippers: Boxy Talon Brass
Lining: Cotton Cheviot Check
One inside pocket open

Measurements:
Sleeves length : 23,5"
Shoulders : 18,8"
Back lenght: 25"
Waist: 41,5"

The jacket is in perfect condition (worn 3 times). I thought someone would be interested in my jacket for an exchange with a similar jacket in size 42 with the features close to my jacket and the measurements as close as the specified ones except for the chest and waist which should be wider.
I can accept broken in jacket or in used condition, but mint, eventually dark brown.

I live in Europe, France. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need further information.

Best,

01.jpg 01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 684

Mikel64

New in Town
How much? Maybe e-bay will be a better site to sell if you have a good trading rating.
You're right, I know I can sell it with eBay, (I have a very good trading rating but i'm more a buyer than a seller...) but I don't wish. But For the moment, I'm looking for an exchange

Mikel64

New in Town
Beautiful. Will wait to see the asking price and pit to pit measurement.
Hello, I don't want to sell it for the moment, I'm looking for an exchange. Pi to pit measurement is 20,47" (52 cm) flat, zipped up, seam to seam

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
That's unusually tight in a size 40 for the Cafe Racer. Heck, even the slimmer Board Racer has around 21" pit to pit in size 40. If the jacket is new, I'd contact Aero about that. This is a 38 with a 40 label imho.

ai00344

One of the Regulars
That's unusually tight in a size 40 for the Cafe Racer. Heck, even the slimmer Board Racer has around 21" pit to pit in size 40. If the jacket is new, I'd contact Aero about that. This is a 38 with a 40 label imho.
I agree with Jacketjunkie. A photo of how you measured the pit to pit would be helpful. I'm thinking your mention of seam to seam is throwing us off

Mikel64

New in Town

If it is the case, I think I've been fooled. It was my first purchase. I don't know if it is unusual or not for a 40 but the sizing is the one Holly advised according the measuremnts I gave her. I especially told her I wore a hoody with the jacket... It's been 4 months (March) I received the jacket and I confirmed my ordered in October... They took a lot of delay (couldn't purchase the Cordovan) and for this I canceled my order. They made the jacket anyway and got in touch with me in March and proposed the jacket leather. I finally bought it. I tried to contact them just when I received the jacket and sent them photos. They never deigned to reply, and I don't think they will do anything, they will certainly hide the guaranty.

This why I was considering writing another post about this fact and tell what I think of their after-sales.

Mikel64

New in Town
I agree with Jacketjunkie. A photo of how you measured the pit to pit would be helpful. I'm thinking your mention of seam to seam is throwing us off
If you really want a photo of me with the jacket, the whole forum will laugh...

Attachments

• 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 989
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 871

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
The arms look ok. The back looks very big. I was wondering about the cut of this jacket. For me, I do not have a big gut but I do have some love handles. I have several police and CR that fit ok. I think the bottom is not in proportion with the upper back portion. Just my observation from a regular guy point of view.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
The Aero cafe racer is notoriously tapered (= fits guys with worked out bodies without any taste for beer as us, the "normal" ones). The Boardracer on the contrary is more straight from top to bottom, this will be my next jacket if I ever find the budget.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
The Aero cafe racer is notoriously tapered (= fits guys with worked out bodies without any taste for beer as us, the "normal" ones). The Boardracer on the contrary is more straight from top to bottom, this will be my next jacket if I ever find the budget.

I agree with you, However, the back just look way out of proportion. I have tried all the cr from aero, I do not have a gut but some love handles and their jackets do look ok on me. I think the jacket on this gent, looks way off base.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I agree with you, However, the back just look way out of proportion. I have tried all the cr from aero, I do not have a gut but some love handles and their jackets do look ok on me. I think the jacket on this gent, looks way off base.
Yes, I agree. Maybe he could send the photo's to Aero, they would then advise him on a different fit?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Did you contact Aero? If you supplied measurements, they advised you on a fit and it doesn't fit, I'd assume they would make it right as the error is on their part. They usually have great customer service especially in cases like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That can't be right. I mean, I don't question your measurements but that P2P is just too weird. I've had a few Aero CR's in a size 40, all with shoulder gussets exactly like this and they were spot on 22.5" chest, each. Or more. The CR is a very tapered jacket as Harris said but I've always found there's plenty of room in the chest.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Not even a 38!

My size 38 Sheene (based off the same pattern) has a pit to pit of 22.5 inches....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24