Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero leather jacket, not sure how to measure myself

jimbo123

New in Town
I'm about to order my Aero Cossack leather jacket. The one thing I'm not sure about is how to measure my sleeve size.

I know that google is my friend but to be honest every search comes up with something different.

How you guys measured your sleeve size?

HighandDry

A-List Customer
This is from Mark Moye's ebay listings:

Using a simple cloth tape measure (bought most anywhere for about a dollar) and doing it yourself usually works best for us.
Wearing a normal shirt, take your measurements under armpits, around fullest part of chest and shoulder blades.

For us to properly size you here is what we’ll need to know :

Chest size--- both inhaled and exhaled.
Shirt size--- (ie. 16” X 34”)
Height---
Weight---
Waist size---Not just your pants tagged waist size but also a stomach/navel area measurement.
Sport coat or suit jacket size (if you know it).

Doublegun

Practically Family
Call Amanda and/ or measure the length of the sleeve for one of your jackets that has a sleeve length you want to duplicate. Measure from the top of the shoulder to the bottom of the sleeve and also along the seam (usually starts in the armpit). Or you can give her the size of a dress shirt (i.e. 16x 35) and she'll take it from there.

My advice: trust Amanda. I fretted these same things and wound up with a jacket that fits me perfectly.

Navin323i

Practically Family
I remember reading (wish I could remember exactly where) that to measure sleeve length you take your measuring tape and start at the back of your neck at the base, stretch the tape down to the shoulder then down your arm to your wrist. For me that came to 34" sleeve length and this was the measurement I provided Mark and Amanda for my Aero leather jacket order. This measurement is consistent with my dress shirt sleeve length (I wear a 16 1/2 34/35 dress shirt).

Hope this helps. :)

westinghouse

One of the Regulars
Better to go a little long on the length than a little short. Jacket sleeves can be shortened but cannot be lengthened. I like my sleeves a little long (covering the large knuckles midway down my hand) so that when I lift my arms slightly up in front of me, the sleeves expose my full hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy