Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero long jacket in russet buffalo

advpampas

New in Town
Hi. I am new in the forum and have the following question. Has anybody seen or has a Stockman or Veste de Rallye in russet buffalo? How dressy is it compared to brown or cordovan FQHH or steerhide? I would appreciate opinions and pictures, if possible.

Thank you,

Victor

DJS Press

One of the Regulars
Me Too!

I'd like to see any russet buffalo Aero's as well. I just placed an order last weekend for the following....

• Cheyenne in jerky russet buffalo (4.5 oz.)
  • Size 46 with 2" added to body and sleeves (I'm 6' 4")
  • Two-piece back (in lieu of standard 3-piece)
  • Black Watch Weathered tartan lining (Lochcarron "Strome" weight, which at 16oz. is about 60% heavier than the standard tartan lining
  • Brown cotton drill sleeve lining
  • Storm cuffs
  • Sized so I can wear it over a light-to-medium sweater

Mark Moye from Aero Leather USA has been a big help, as usual. I like ordering from him knowing that all shipping and customs charges are covered, which can be substantial. He's always been very responsive, like even returning e-mails at close to midnight.

When I first contacted him, I was interested in a Gabardine Ricky jacket. Next thing I knew, I'm ordering a Cheyenne. I love the look of the grain of that Asian water buffalo. He tells me it's heavier than FQHH, but much more supple.

Hope to get wrapped up in this baby by the end of the year.

Anybody have some pics of their Aero in buffalo?

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
Here's my custom long half belt in jerky buffalo hide....

P1000213.jpg

P1000214.jpg

DJS Press

One of the Regulars
Very nice. How long have you had it?

Looks like you eliminated the chest pocket, and added the straps on the sleeves like a Californian. The side straps are different looking than my FQHH Long Half Belt also. Anything else I didn't spot?

How would you say the stiffness compares to a FQHH jacket, especially when new?

It looks like the hide is distressing nicely, and that it's just going to get better looking with age.

Thanks for posting those photos.

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
Jerky buffalo hide is very supple right from the box. It really isn't stiff at all, almost like goat skin but heavier.

The only changes you missed were the addition of two interior snap pockets, one on either side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner