Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Review of my 2nd THEDI Jacket

jr30

Familiar Face
Hi

After my first review of the black THEDI jacket made of horse leather, I will now briefly introduce my 2nd jacket from THEDI.

I ordered this stock model from Thursten Bros after a long dialogue with Carrie and it arrived a few days later. As you can see in the following lines, my English is not very good. Nevertheless, Carrie @ Thurston Bros was very patient with me and gave me the best advice. This jacket is made of buffalo leather and the tan color is sold as "cognac".

Before I received the jacket, I was skeptical how the buffalo leather felt. I had no experience with buffalo and had become a bit sensitive due to my stiff Aero horse (FQHH), as the stiff leathers take "half a life" to be worn comfortably (subjective perception).

Then UPS handed me the package, which I immediately opened. I was impressed by the feel of the leather and the beautiful slight vintage look. The “flexibility” of the leather and the workmanship eliminated my last doubts. In the meantime my pulse was rising a bit while I quickly put on my 501 and a T-Shirt and hoped that the jacket would fit me too.:)

Background: I wanted a light colored leather jacket, not to short and comfortable to wear and in my opinion the new THEDI fulfills exactly this purpose. It fits close to the body, but doesn't squeeze and is a shade longer and therefore, for me, more "suitable for everyday use" and less "styled". The jacket is brand new but feels extremely soft. I'm excited to see how it develops over the next few months.

Pictures say more than words, now please see for yourself.

I look forward to your critical comments about the look and fit.

Best regards
Roman

Attachments

• IMG_7981.jpeg
    IMG_7981.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 365
  • IMG_7986.jpeg
    IMG_7986.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 340
  • IMG_7987.jpeg
    IMG_7987.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 300
  • IMG_7990.jpeg
    IMG_7990.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 299
  • IMG_7993.jpeg
    IMG_7993.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 301
  • IMG_7995.jpeg
    IMG_7995.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_7999.jpeg
    IMG_7999.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_8001.jpeg
    IMG_8001.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 259
  • IMG_8010.jpeg
    IMG_8010.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_8026.jpeg
    IMG_8026.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 316

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
You did well. I like the model, and the Buffalo in tan is somewhat Thedi’s signature leather.
Good fit, IMO. Thedi’s often run an inch longer than many prefer, but I do like the look on this model.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful jacket and excellent fit overall. I think it looks slightly long, but my preference is for shorter jackets so take that with a grain of salt.

Jiantle

Familiar Face
Great fit! You certainly pull off the shawl collar really well.

One general question I have regarding Thedi jackets is - I noticed that they all look really broken in even when new. Is it a proprietary method he uses to give it that look and is it something his jackets are known for?

jr30

Familiar Face
Great fit! You certainly pull off the shawl collar really well.

One general question I have regarding Thedi jackets is - I noticed that they all look really broken in even when new. Is it a proprietary method he uses to give it that look and is it something his jackets are known for?

Thank you for your feedback.

I can certainly only speak for myself and cannot make a general statement about Thedi jackets. Please excuse my poor ability to express myself in English...

My cognac-colored jacket from Thedi made of buffalo leather has vintage effects in some areas (collar, side pockets and cuffs) and the zip is probably slightly wavy from being tumbled. The leather itself has an excellent feel, difficult to describe, but is robust but somehow "soft" and supple right from the start. Nevertheless, it has the potential to adapt optimally to the body. So right from the start my Jacket is not 'broken-in' but it's easy to wear. Please note: I deliberately ordered this model to be a little more comfortable in terms of front and back length.

My black Thedi jacket made of horse leather, based on the A-1 model with a button placket, has no vintage effects whatsoever, so it looks brand new. The leather does not appear to have been tumbled. In A/B/C comparison to my Aero made from FQHH and my Aero Type 3 made from Vicenza leather (Italy), the Thedi horse leather is right in the middle in terms of stiffness and weight.

- Aero Half Belt FQHH:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/my-new-aero-1930-halfbelt-fqhh.100093/

- Aero Type 3 Vicenza HH:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/my-aero-557xx-type-3-jacket.113472/

- Thedi HH:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/review-of-my-1st-thedi-jacket.113459/

Greetings,
Roman

Helix

Familiar Face
Thedi achieves that aged look through a process called “relicing” which involves washing and waxing the leather among other techniques during the making of the jacket.

You can elect to skip the process for a more traditional “new” look, which is why some Thedi jackets look pre-worn and others don’t.

Jiantle

Familiar Face
Thank you for your feedback.

I can certainly only speak for myself and cannot make a general statement about Thedi jackets. Please excuse my poor ability to express myself in English...

My cognac-colored jacket from Thedi made of buffalo leather has vintage effects in some areas (collar, side pockets and cuffs) and the zip is probably slightly wavy from being tumbled. The leather itself has an excellent feel, difficult to describe, but is robust but somehow "soft" and supple right from the start. Nevertheless, it has the potential to adapt optimally to the body. So right from the start my Jacket is not 'broken-in' but it's easy to wear. Please note: I deliberately ordered this model to be a little more comfortable in terms of front and back length.

My black Thedi jacket made of horse leather, based on the A-1 model with a button placket, has no vintage effects whatsoever, so it looks brand new. The leather does not appear to have been tumbled. In A/B/C comparison to my Aero made from FQHH and my Aero Type 3 made from Vicenza leather (Italy), the Thedi horse leather is right in the middle in terms of stiffness and weight.

- Aero Half Belt FQHH:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/my-new-aero-1930-halfbelt-fqhh.100093/

- Aero Type 3 Vicenza HH:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/my-aero-557xx-type-3-jacket.113472/

- Thedi HH:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/review-of-my-1st-thedi-jacket.113459/

Greetings,
Roman
Thanks for such a well-written, elaborate response to my question. I guess if the zip is wavy, the tumbling is done post-completion of the jacket as opposed to Aero's offering of tumbled CXL where the leather is tumbled before the jacket is put together? (This is purely speculation on my part). I'm not familiar with Thedi jackets at all but I've been very intrigued by how well it wears and conforms to the body even when new.

You wear all your jackets very well. The fit is spot-on! We have almost the exact same measurements (180cm, 80kg, 41" chest for me) so I particularly enjoy seeing how certain jacket styles fit on you. Thanks for sharing!

Jiantle

Familiar Face
Thedi achieves that aged look through a process called “relicing” which involves washing and waxing the leather among other techniques during the making of the jacket.

You can elect to skip the process for a more traditional “new” look, which is why some Thedi jackets look pre-worn and others don’t.
Ahh I posted my previous reply before seeing this. Thanks for the info!

jr30

Familiar Face
You wear all your jackets very well. The fit is spot-on! We have almost the exact same measurements (180cm, 80kg, 41" chest for me) so I particularly enjoy seeing how certain jacket styles fit on you. Thanks for sharing!

For everyone who is reading here, I'll post my body measurements here again. The measurements only affects the linked jackets from Thedi and Aero Type 3 (pictures with the guitars in the background).

Jacket Measurements Thedi Markos (this thread):
Back length -- 25.50
Sleeve length -- 26.25
Pit to pit (1/2) -- 22.75
Shoulder -- 18.75
Waist/bottom hem (1/2) -- 20.25

Body Measurements (wearing a T-Shirt and Jeans with belt):
Size / Weight: 5'11 / 183 - 185 lbs (180cm / 83 - 85kg)

Back length -- 25.50
Sleeve length -- 25.75
Pit-to-pit (1/2) -- 20.50 (41" chest)
Shoulder -- 19.00
Waist/bottom hem (1/2) -- 20.40

Last edited:

jr30

Familiar Face
Images Update Set 1 (high resolution, click to view every stich...)

I'm still excited about this Thedi buffalo leather jacket. Unfortunately, it is still too cold in my region for a leather jacket with a cotton lining. I can't wait until the temperatures rise and I can wear this wonderful jacket.

I can't say it often enough and I'm extremely excited. This leather is simply a dream. I don't know the combination of softness and robustness at the same time and I can't show it in my pictures. I'm excited to see how the color and patina of this buffalo develops in the sun.

IMG_8486.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8501.jpg
    IMG_8501.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_8500.jpg
    IMG_8500.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_8499.jpg
    IMG_8499.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8498.jpg
    IMG_8498.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8488.jpg
    IMG_8488.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8487.jpg
    IMG_8487.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_8485.jpg
    IMG_8485.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:

jr30

Familiar Face
Images Update Set 2

I would like to say, that the jacket doesn't really 'shine' as much as it does in the pictures. Here it is illuminated directly with a daylight lamp. I close my eyes too ;)

IMG_8505.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8513.jpg
    IMG_8513.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_8512.jpg
    IMG_8512.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_8511.jpg
    IMG_8511.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8507.jpg
    IMG_8507.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_8504.jpg
    IMG_8504.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8503.jpg
    IMG_8503.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_8517.jpg
    IMG_8517.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 199

jr30

Familiar Face
This is the model called “Markos”, but I suspect it is also offered under different names. I bought this exact jacket from Thurston Bros.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros met my taste in terms of size. Please also note the measurements provided (body vs. jacket measurements) in this thread.

I find the buffalo jacket extremely comfortable - I can't say that enough, from the first moment I wear it. Please keep in mind, unlike most people here in the forum, that I deliberately wanted the jacket to be a little more comfortable and therefore longer. The workmanship is first class. View the details of the high-resolution images.

The jacket looks less stylish and I would classify it as “casual chic”. Whether at a football game (visitor), in the city during the day or for a beer in the evening. The color is fantastic and can be combined well with boots of the same color or sneakers, so white, black, whatever.

It is also possible to order this jacket custom-made, but keep in mind the long waiting time, because Theodoros has a lot of work, a lot.

Best regards
Roman

@ ALL -- Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate!

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
Excellent jacket, mate!

The fit is perfect, as is your command of the English language.

I am about six months into my new Markos in cuio buffalo and, while it is not really “softening” it sure has conformed to my body and movement patterns. Now it is like a part of me to the point that I forget I am wearing it sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner