Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Northeaster

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Does anyone have any reviews or hands on experience with The Aero Northeaster?

I couldn't find any reviews here so forgive me if this has been previously covered.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Does anyone have any reviews or hands on experience with The Aero Northeaster?

I couldn't find any reviews here so forgive me if this has been previously covered.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Look who's back! Hope you get some bites on this - wondering what they turned out like myself...

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
So, no one has seen and or tried this jacket? It virtually doesn't exist among the members of this forum?

avique

One of the Regulars
So, no one has seen and or tried this jacket? It virtually doesn't exist among the members of this forum?

I can't comment about Northeaster but I have the Hudson which I understand to be very similar. I've been wearing it everyday since September and I love the jacket. However it does limit my arm movement quit a bit, especially when the belt in fastened. This may not be an issue with the bi-swing back on the Northeaster. It's also a bit snug around the hips. This isn't really a problem but I find that I have to unzip the jacket when I get in the car. Given the length of the jacket I'd love to have a double ended zipper so I could open up the bottom to drive.

Well I hope this helps.

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
This is a pic of the the Northeaster: http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=1471

It is the "smaller brother" to The Hudson.

I initially put in an order to Thurston Brothers for an Aero Stockman, but decided to change to the Northeaster. Not sure if my change order will make it or if they have started on the Stockman. Either way I will be happy and Thurston (Carrie and Wade) were fantaatic. I ordered the jacket with an Alpaca lining and in jerkey seal horsehide.

Thanks for the responses,

Dave

avique

One of the Regulars
Avique,

Thanks very much. What lining did you select for your Hudson?

Dave

Dave,

I swapped out the standard alpaca lining for the heavy strome weight Scotland Forever tartan. I also went with a leather collar to make it more of an all season jacket. I'd post pictures but to be honest I haven't figured out how to yet. However Carrie does have a picture on page 70 of the Insurrection thread.

Andy

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Here you go:
Hudson1_zpsb5033bc7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran