Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Pre-Production Sample Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Yes I am listening .. but the article says very little of relevance and leaves more unanswered questions that is answers TBH.

Stolen Jackets ... New Jackets, Used Jackets ...... yet no-one is arrested charged or questioned !!!!!!!!!!!
Value defined would suggest full retail value and new ....
If they have been returned to Aero then there can be no criminal investigation ( otherwise they would be evidence)
Nothing available on any of the other press wires other than Sloanies article
If you can't say anything then why post ...... surely just better to say nothing ????

all very cryptic ....

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
The procurator fiscal granted permission to the police to return the stock to us, tho of course we can't sell any of it until the case is over. There is an investigation underway, I cannot say anymore than that.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Still amazing no mention of any arrest. After discovering a haul like that, you'd have thought plod would have been all over it like a tramp on chips!

Yes I am listening .. but the article says very little of relevance and leaves more unanswered questions that is answers TBH.

Stolen Jackets ... New Jackets, Used Jackets ...... yet no-one is arrested charged or questioned !!!!!!!!!!!
If they have been returned to Aero then there can be no criminal investigation ( otherwise they would be evidence)
If you can't say anything then why post ...... surely just better to say nothing ????

all very cryptic ....

Sure is.....shhhhhhhh :tape2: :hand: :lalala:........lol

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Still amazing no mention of any arrest. After discovering a haul like that, you'd have thought plod would have been all over it like a tramp on chips!

Aye, look out for some stylishly dressed polis north o' the border, laddie! (I don't mean to jest overly, Cloudylemonade; I realise this must be very stressful for you all. It just seems to have taken on a rather bizarre aspect.)

schitzo

Suspended
Mindful of the likelihood all you losers are gonna start placing orders in April.. I just got in today and placed another one! So I'm ahead of y'all in the queue :D lol

Edward

Bartender
That article appears to be based on an actual police report. The theft seems to have occurred in Scotland. If Sloan had anything further to say, he would have said it in the article, and it would be inappropriate for anyone to press him for any additional information (Plumbline, are you listening?????). Logistically, I think it is extremely unlikely that American involvement of any kind might be present. I feel certain that Worf was jesting when he made his earlier comment. It is my understanding that Mark Moye was accepting money for orders that were simply not placed at all. Not defending his actions but fail to see how he could be involved at all.

This clearly has nothing to do with Mark Moye. It is a separate issue.

all very cryptic ....

It is clearly a major local news story, and thus worth reporting. The limits on details (such as whose house it is) will have been made on legal advice. In Scotland, as England, there are extensive contempt of court laws, designed to protect the fairness of criminal investigation and trial procedures. The items seized having been returned to Aero does not prevent them from being considered evidence; all details necessary at present will have been taken, but the reason Aero are not yet permitted to sell them is in case the items themselves need to be looked at again. Alas, the real world is seldom as simple as television; arrests don't always happen on the spot, no matter how much simpler that might make it for all concerned.

I believe Sloan's post was in response to several questions asked directly of him - to post as he did rather than ignore it all was simple politeness.

No one will say who lives in the fair town of Hawick and might be or have been connected to Aero.

For legal reasons - see above. The truth will out in its own good time, without doubt. I should expect an identity of the home owner will follow in the event of an arrest, although some details may still be restricted from reporting at that stage. The delay in arrest may also be because the investigation may be looking at casting a much wider net than only arrsting and bringing charges against a single person.

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender

all very cryptic ....

I considered removing the linked article for just this reason. We thought the article may just be the tinder to ignite further contention.
The Fedora Lounge is not going to intentionally or not be dragged into a pending legal issue.

When a guy says, "no comment" it means no comment!

Edward

Bartender
I considered removing the linked article for just this reason. We thought the article may just be the tinder to ignite further contention.
The Fedora Lounge is not going to intentionally or not be dragged into a pending legal issue.

Contempt is actually one of the areas I teach... my professional opinion is you're fine as things sit, but any naming of names and anything which goes further than what I have seen (you may, of course, have deleted other posts I have not) could be a potential issue. I think it best we all let the issue sit for now.

Edward

Bartender

Contempt is actually one of the areas I teach... my professional opinion is you're fine as things sit, but any naming of names and anything which goes further than what I have seen (you may, of course, have deleted other posts I have not) could be a potential issue. I think it best we all let the issue sit for now.

(oh... and libel, but ditto the above, pretty much).

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
Thanks Edward. We appreciate the professional advice!

It is for the reasons your mention that we sometimes edit or remove a comment. It's not meant to punish a member, suppress speech, "take sides", etc. but to avoid potentially creating a road where the conversation leads to problems for the Lounge

wdw

One Too Many
We're all focusing on the jackets, but I'm curious about the gazillion jeans as well. What make, type and are they worth waiting for at a bargain price? Are they even definitely Aero's, seeing as Aero don't make jeans (I think). :confused:

schitzo

Suspended
What's the difference with girls?

If the girl says that she doesn't mean it Rudie. And if you take those words at face value and ignore her, then later on you're gonna know about it! Believe me

Interestingly (or not, as the case may be) if you add an 's' to 'guy' you get a word that can be used in reference to females

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff