Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Pre-Production Sample Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I don't understand your apparent defensiveness about this issue. It's written (crafted) for the general public at large - it's on p14 of today's paper in case anyone's got a copy handy:D - but it's a story of interest to the members of this community. Read, don't read/comment, don't comment. The choice is yours.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Jimminy Christmas and father time!!!! Just when I thought this saga couldn't get any more twisted it up and takes and even more bizarre turn. Wow... someone should be doing a perp walk over this one and most ricky tick! Man I never saw this one coming. I'm sorry I've got to wonder out loud... is there an "American Connection" in any of this?

Worf

Worf, my friend, I was just thinking the same thing. I've always thought the American connection could never have happened without an accomplice across the pond.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Crafted it maybe ... but manufactured it ..... never, that would be foolish in extreme :)

I'm just pointing out that the only report I've seen is yours ( and you're not exactly impartial !!!) I have little or no details to go on ... so it's difficult to conclude anything on the basis of what was written ( it's my job to deal in facts so I tend to think like that I'm afraid). I look forward to reading when there's more to write.

I do find it rather bizzare that any company would want to air this sort of stuff on an internet forum though ???

PL ... Professional journalists do NOT make up, construct or craft news stories. PERIOD. The code of ethics in our profession is something we take VERY seriously.

Plumbline

One Too Many
I don't understand your apparent defensiveness about this issue. It's written (crafted) for the general public at large - it's on p14 of today's paper in case anyone's got a copy handy:D - but it's a story of interest to the members of this community. Read, don't read/comment, don't comment. The choice is yours.

No defensivness or apparent anything .. I just don't think it tells very much, but insinuates lots .. which I don't find very helpful to be honest and it leaves the forum just a little bit vulnerable. Point out to me the interest point re. the general public ???? Then point out to me the general interest point on this forum other than the gossip interest of those who have nothing better to do ???? The facts will become apparent and then there will be a time for recrimination, remonstration and reflection.

The whole sorry saga is like a bitter divorce and bizzarly is being played out in here like some sort of Leather Jacket "War of the Roses" ....... it's quite macabre and has no place here IMHO !!!!!

Major ... Nick Horween once told me that high horses make the best leather ... so I have tried to avoid them as best I can (they tend not to live very long) :)

Plumbline

One Too Many
PL ... Professional journalists do NOT make up, construct or craft news stories. PERIOD. The code of ethics in our profession is something we take VERY seriously.

ARE YOU FOR REAL ..... have your read ANYTHING in recent times re. the behaviour of this profession with regard to it's adherance to any ethical stance whatsoever ???????? This comment alone is one reason why controls on the press are not only a niceity ... THEY ARE A NESESSITY !!!!

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
No defensivness or apparent anything .. I just don't think it tells very much, but insinuates lots .. which I don't find very helpful to be honest and it leaves the forum just a little bit vulnerable. Point out to me the interest point re. the general public ???? Then point out to me the general interest point on this forum other than the gossip interest of those who have nothing better to do ???? The facts will become apparent and then there will be a time for recrimination, remonstration and reflection.

The whole sorry saga is like a bitter divorce and bizzarly is being played out in here like some sort of Leather Jacket "War of the Roses" ....... it's quite macabre and has no place here IMHO !!!!!

Major ... Nick Horween once told me that high horses make the best leather ... so I have tried to avoid them as best I can (they tend not to live very long) :)

Plumb, journalists simply do NOT do what you're implying here. We're not bottom feeding, scandalmongers as some may try to paint us.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
ARE YOU FOR REAL ..... have your read ANYTHING in recent times re. the behaviour of this profession with regard to it's adherance to any ethical stance whatsoever ???????? This comment alone is one reason why controls on the press are not only a niceity ... THEY ARE A NESESSITY !!!!

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Plumbline

One Too Many
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Fanch .. google "Leveson Inquiry" ... once youve read that I'll give you some more stretching back 100 or so years :) :) :) :)

There's an oxymoron if ever I heard one ... ethical press ... bwahahahahahahah

jlanderson

One of the Regulars

Plumb ... NOT in the United States, where I've been a professional journalist for 30 years and NOT at ANY journalistic institutions that adhere to our profession's code of ethics. I just think that the insinuation here is bordering on defamation, wondering if a professional journalist is "crafting" a story based on gossip.

That is beyond the pale, in my book.

And controls on the operation of a free and independent press are ANATHEMA to democratic governance. That's why I'm glad we have the First Amendment here in the U.S.

Once a government in any way "controls" the press, all freedoms have been flushed down the toilet.

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
Point out to me the interest point re. the general public ????

So you would prefer the Scotsman to not report criminality in their region? Ah well. There you go.... Do you call it the "Deepwater" method?

The facts will become apparent and then there will be a time for recrimination, remonstration and reflection.

Oh yes, they will indeed, PL. And no amount of philibustering on your part will divert folks' attention from the details. Oh yes!!

so I have tried to avoid them as best I can .

Well, you shouldn't frigging bring 'em up should you? - and Nick Horween told me stuff about you too - but I didn't believe him!

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
Plumb ... NOT in the United States, where I've been a professional journalist for 30 years and NOT at ANY journalistic institutions that adhere to our profession's code of ethics. I just think that the insinuation here is bordering on defamation, wondering if a professional journalist is "crafting" a story based on gossip.

That is beyond the pale, in my book.

quick question, are you a liberal democrat journalist, or a conservative republican journalist? :)

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
Plumb, journalists simply do NOT do what you're implying here. We're not bottom feeding, scandalmongers as some may try to paint us.

The FACTS suggest otherwise .... sure there are some good apples in the barrel, but man you wouldn't want a spoonful of that applesauce !!!!!!! I'm afraid they join the list of Bankers, Politicians, Estate Agents and Lawyers .... I'd trust a used car salesman before I'd trust anything I read in the press ( based on hard experience and over 100 or so "investigations")

Just MHO .. and not one you are likely to change .....

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Er, my story has been re-tweeted by the Scottish Police, so I guess at the very least they feel comfortable with what I've written. So did my newsdesk, incidentally. I'm just a reporter, mine is not the first or last word on what goes into the paper. :) [huh]

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
I'm a journalist who's voted for candidates who've fallen all across the spectrum! The person, not the party for me.

well kudos to you sir because the mass media in this country is so left wing politically squewd that a cork screw looks straight. just my opinion of course.

Plumbline

One Too Many
So you would prefer the Scotsman to not report criminality in their region? Ah well. There you go.... Do you call it the "Deepwater" method?

Major, there is NO CRIMINALITY until someone is charged and convicted .... the law of the land is innocent till proven guilty ... not "Deepwater" just "Muddy Water" ... I prefer Clear Water !

Oh yes, they will indeed, PL. And no amount of philibustering on your part will divert folks' attention from the details. Oh yes!!

If philibustering is saying stick to the facts .. then I'm guilty as charged !

Well, you shouldn't frigging bring 'em up should you? - and Nick Horween told me stuff about you too - but I didn't believe him!

There you go again ... rumour and inuendo .... it's no use man, it's just unhelpful.

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
Major, there is NO CRIMINALITY until someone is charged and convicted .... .

Really? So if I come round and kill your mother, and get away with it, you would say I'm NOT a criminal? Yeah, right. Course you would. And pigs would be flying in formation above your head.

Tell that to the guy who got the £140k's worth removed from his house by the Scottish Police. If fact, tell him soon.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Really? So if I come round and kill your mother, and get away with it, you would say I'm NOT a criminal? Yeah, right. Course you would. And pigs would be flying in formation above your head.

Tell that to the guy who got the £140k's worth removed from his house by the Scottish Police. If fact, tell him soon.

If I did I'D BE GUILTY OF LIBEL OR DEFAMATION !!!! ( that's the feckin point )

I don't think I need to tell him / her anything ... they've just had the police round and they've removed a pile of stuff from their house :) :) .... I think they know somethings up !!!!

Jeez you guys are hard work sometimes :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou