Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero's use of oil pull leather

trapp

Practically Family
Thanks, Holly. I'll shoot Amanda an email.

Jaguar, is your A1 made from the medium-weight oil-pull, or the heavy? I assume it's medium weight but want to confirm.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Holly, thanks so much for your contribution and thorough explanation of the oil pull HH, both in the medium weight and the heavier weight, including the difference between the two.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I tried on a two year old oil pull HH LHB and was very taken with it. Leather relatively weighty but quite supple, I'm guessing it had been worn extensively, and a beautiful depth of colour and grain - a lovely hide by all accounts. Almost went with it for my order, but I stuck with the brown FQHH in the end.

wild_balls

Practically Family
That is one beautiful stunning jacket you got there!!!
here are some pics of my oil pull horsehide a1 from aero that i bought 6 months ago. It was a used jacket so i don't know how long it had been broken in. It is hard to describe the leather. In some sense it is much like regular horsehide, but it has the tendency to show a grain pattern much sooner than regular horsehide i am told. Also it has been said it can become like suede leather after aging, though i find it hard to see how this happens. I like the look and feel of oil pull horsehide.

copyofp1030253.jpg

copyofp1030258.jpg

p1030251.jpg

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Thanks, Holly. I'll shoot Amanda an email.

Jaguar, is your A1 made from the medium-weight oil-pull, or the heavy? I assume it's medium weight but want to confirm.
Straight from the pictures I'd assume it is the heavy oil-pull !?

Kind regards,

Johannes

I am afraid I don't know the answer to these questions. My invoice does not indicate which it is. I will run the question by Amanda at Aero.

trapp

Practically Family
It does look from pics that it could be heavy oil-pull, it just seems unusual for a leather that heavy to be used in an A1.

II'm interested to hear what Amanda says.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
There seems to be a strong preference for Aero's FQHH, and not too much is said about their medium weight horsehide jackets. I would very much like to hear more members show pictures and describe their Aero jackets in MWHH.

trapp

Practically Family
I take that as excellent news.

I've read enough posts saying 'Aero's mwhh is good but nothing special - go with the fqhh!' that I was at a loss to find a medium-weight leather that aged really well. But the hide on your jacket is terrific. I will very likely be getting a jacket made up in that oil-pull.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
I take that as excellent news.

I've read enough posts saying 'Aero's mwhh is good but nothing special - go with the fqhh!' that I was at a loss to find a medium-weight leather that aged really well. But the hide on your jacket is terrific. I will very likely be getting a jacket made up in that oil-pull.

Here's a close up photo of medium weight oil pull I took today on a used Type A-1 which I'll be listing on the site in the coming weeks, I'm sure you'll agree that it is stunning, and has aged impeccably.

oilpull.jpg

As a reference, most of our military jackets are made in mid-weight horse, rather than heavy weight unless specified or requested.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Here's a close up photo of medium weight oil pull I took today on a used Type A-1 which I'll be listing on the site in the coming weeks, I'm sure you'll agree that it is stunning, and has aged impeccably.

oilpull.jpg

As a reference, most of our military jackets are made in mid-weight horse, rather than heavy weight unless specified or requested.

My medium HH oil pull is definitely thinner. Jacket (A-2) in size 40 is 1,5 kg (3 pounds). What's the weight of yours?

Regards,

Johannes

Edit: Colour is the same as Jag's jacket and the one Holly presented (my photo was taken with strip lighting).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn