Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero's use of oil pull leather

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
OK, on a more serious note: I wonder if there is a range of thickness of the MWHH used by Aero, and if there is a tendency to use the thinner/lighter weights on the A-2's and the heavier grades of MWHH on the utility jackets since the utility jackets tend to have heavier linings than the A-2?

Lungomare

A-List Customer
OK, on a more serious note: I wonder if there is a range of thickness of the MWHH used by Aero, and if there is a tendency to use the thinner/lighter weights on the A-2's and the heavier grades of MWHH on the utility jackets since the utility jackets tend to have heavier linings than the A-2?

My A-2 shows different ranges of thickness on different parts, e.g. the back is a little bit thicker, the hide for the arms is thinner on the upper part and thicker again on the forehand part, etc.

I have been told by my local tannery that the well trimming of a hide and the resulting evenness of its thickness is a matter of quality (and price). An overall even hide is more expensive ...

Johannes

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Does Pecards 'darken' a jacket and give the jacket some 'sheen'? I've never used any and was wondering....
Most leather preservatives will darken the leather, fade a bit but not completely. I spilt some vegetable oil on a pair of shoes sometime back. To save them I had to rub it into the whole shoe. Oh yes, and the other one as well:D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Not at all Fanch.....I understood the levity. Actually we all were probably hoping otherwise!
Blame it all on brother Butte; he brought it up about applying Pecard's when one goes topless!

Regards,
coffee

Yep, it's always Butte's fault, and we all need to poke him in the ribs electronically at every opportunity. You'll never see me riding topless. In fact I am in in the process of designing a full body kevlar suit if I buy a friend's Limited Edition Triumph. However, I must first get my wife on board which likely ain't happening.

ffc9cab4.jpg

Nice bike. Just got word the new Thruxton's are in (2013) and are the nice new green/gold. I'm way below my needed income levels lol
If it helps, it's 110° here and I'm topless :)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Nice bike. Just got word the new Thruxton's are in (2013) and are the nice new green/gold. I'm way below my needed income levels lol
If it helps, it's 110° here and I'm topless :)

We haven't had 110F here in DFW for a couple of weeks. I thought you lived in LA rather than Death Valley. The reason that my buddy wants to sell me the Limited Edition is that he also has a Steve McQueen.

be44faac.jpg

cb13b180.jpg

I'm sick of boring jacket pics. Me, my A-2, and a new chair. That's all you need. Now if I could unstick myself from the steer to go find that camera...

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Question for Jag: is there some Pecards on that? I know you ride topless and it has a sheen to it. Just curious?

These pics were taken right after I got the jacket. I didn't put any Pecards on it. These particular shots were taken with a flash, and I made some photo enhancements with my photo software. (exposure, detail etc).

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
These pics were taken right after I got the jacket. I didn't put any Pecards on it. These particular shots were taken with a flash, and I made some photo enhancements with my photo software. (exposure, detail etc).

Jag, I have a medium weight oil pull HH jacket (modified cafe racer with highwayman collar rather than mandarin) on order from Aero and hope that my jacket looks half as good as the A-1 that you featured. I apologize for my feeble attempt at humor earlier, and was attempting to poke humor at a friend of mine (Butte) who made the "topless" comment. I learned a long time ago that it is best to poke fun only at one's self rather than someone else, in which case everyone is laughing except one. Anyhow, I will try to keep this thread on track regarding Aero's various oil pull jackets and plan to post pictures when mine arrives.

I've seen photo enhancing filters have that effect, thanks for the info. As to apologizing for humor guys - come on! We'll have none of that here. Unless someone gets their feelings all hurt, joking livens up the leather bar.
Off to get some late coffee. Headache already begun 'cause I'm pi**ing around in here :)
May you all have a great weekend.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I've seen photo enhancing filters have that effect, thanks for the info. As to apologizing for humor guys - come on! We'll have none of that here. Unless someone gets their feelings all hurt, joking livens up the leather bar.
Off to get some late coffee. Headache already begun 'cause I'm pi**ing around in here :)
May you all have a great weekend.

Will never have to apologize for any nefarious remark to Butte, who has broad shoulders, thick skin, a heart of gold, and a wicked sense of humor. Ah, there I go again! Butte, you need to to go west on the Santa Monica Freeway and then go either north or south on California highway 1 to get out of the brutal LA heat, at least for the weekend.

I'd love to gather up with a lot of you guys here. Maybe someday.
We would likely all be mesmerized by each others gear.
I'd hope for a cool weather gathering so we all ate clothed. I'll even succumb to all you guy'z uppity booze choices too.
Celebrating 21 years with my wife. She's the one that tolerates all this hunting and gathering. Although she was the one that redid the chairs in nice hides. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters