Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aglets and you

vonwotan

Practically Family
I'm still working on how we came to assess people based on the quality and condition of their shoes... I'm not certain what several pairs of good quality shoes in need of a trip to AE for reconditioning says about me other than a need to add more shoes to the rotation. As for aiglets, hmmm, mine don't seem to fall apart these days like they did in my school days.

dostacos

Practically Family
Matt Deckard said:
do you think it is possible to tell a person's persoanality by the quality of their aglets?
not sure about that, but you might be able to tell the quality of their SHOES;)

My Botany 500 spectators have a nice metal grommet on the inside but the leather hole on the outside is a tad on the small side so pulling the shoe string out is hard on them, of course they put the strings in but NOT so you can tie them, so you MUST remove them.

Of course mine may have been made after lunch, but both my black and brown were the same way:(

Edward

Bartender
I don't know how much the condition of one's aglets say about a person, but I've always placed stock in whether someone knows the word and what it means. ;)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I always thought an aglet was a female agl. But now I know otherwise!
What I know is, if my aglets are frayed, I can't get my shoe laces through the little hole in the shoe! Time for new shoelaces!
Matt, you really need to get out more.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Miss Sis said:
More to the point, where can I get old shoelaces with metal aglets or replacement aglets???

As for replacement aglets? Well you have to make your own nowadays as companies have become half shod in their stanards. The biggest of the shoelace companies don't even offer colored aglets let alone replacements. It's a folly that the modern era has perpetuated and I fear that it is something that will catch up with us in the next few years as aglets become more and more scarse with the production of synthetic shoelaces which last years beyond the standard wearing patterns of traditional cotton laces.

carter

I'll Lock Up
WHEW!.....

I'm certainly glad to have read this thread.

For a moment there, I thought someone had discovered a new species of fledgling raptor. :eusa_doh:

I'll just park my jurrassic over in the corner and check my aglets. :eek:

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fear not gentlefellows.

The mysterys of knot work leave us all sorts of options, even if aglets become a truly endangered species.

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy