Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

RBH

Bartender
Here's mine:

D333874-L.jpg

D333878-L.jpg

Thanks David.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Is there anybody, now in 2011, who offers the Campdraft in the Mid Brown? I know I'll probably have to wait 3 months, but is there any retailer who will do a custom order?

Edit: I see Everything Australian has it: http://www.everythingaustralian.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=19

Egghead, do you think I could order a 2.5" brim in the Mid-Brown from them, a custom order? That way, when it arrived, I'd have everything done except my own shaping.

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Is there anybody, now in 2011, who offers the Campdraft in the Mid Brown? I know I'll probably have to wait 3 months, but is there any retailer who will do a custom order?

Edit: I see Everything Australian has it: http://www.everythingaustralian.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=19

Egghead, do you think I could order a 2.5" brim in the Mid-Brown from them, a custom order? That way, when it arrived, I'd have everything done except my own shaping.

You may be out of luck getting a custom order now. There was a previous post earlier this summer on the Overload thread from an Aussie member that stated that the production mgr. at Akubra was stopping Custom orders for a period of time to allow the factory to catch up on stock for retailers. You can check with some of the OZ retailers about the specifics but I would bet your looking at a far longer waiting time if you can get it. Good luck :)

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, monbla256,

I've sent EA a note. But I'm beginning to think my best bet is to order a dark brown Fed from HatsDirect, then have Parker at Falcon Park Hattery customize it a bit for me, once he gets done with my recreation of the Stetson Trail.

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
Well I ordered myself an Akubra Campdraft today from Hats Direct. Anybody know how long it takes to get delivery in the USA? My wife says I'm officially hat crazy!

Gromulus

Practically Family
Well I ordered myself an Akubra Campdraft today from Hats Direct. Anybody know how long it takes to get delivery in the USA? My wife says I'm officially hat crazy!

Also in Ohio. I have ordered several hats from HD and it has taken between 10 - 20 days (except for the special order Heritage Campdraft)

A great choice BTW, what color did you order?

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
Also in Ohio. I have ordered several hats from HD and it has taken between 10 - 20 days (except for the special order Heritage Campdraft)

A great choice BTW, what color did you order?
Taupe Fawn. I am a confirmed Open Road guy with several shades of Gray but I do like the tans and browns.

Gromulus

Practically Family
Taupe Fawn. I am a confirmed Open Road guy with several shades of Gray but I do like the tans and browns.

Great color (as they all are). I have the CD in Silverbelly, Bluegrass Green, and Taupe Fawn and I wear the Taupe Fawn more often than any other hat I own. For some reason I just feel comfortable in it and it seems to go with everything (as does the Silverbelly).

About time to put my Taupe Fawn CD on (still raining outside) and head home!

Enjoy!

Duper

Practically Family

EA is worth a try. I got a mid-brown with a 2 1/2" brim from them over a year back. I'm thinking a brim trim is a minor alteration if you are willing to wait the 3 months. If I was to do it again I might go for a 2 5/8's brim. I think the darker colour (mid-brown is a dark colour) might look a bit better with the marginally wider brim due to the volume of the crown.

JMHO

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I've heard back from Sam at EA. He's been in touch with the factory, and will let me know what they say.

In the meantime, I've discovered another Western wear store here in The Swamp. The premier one refuses to trim a brim for me, so I'll check with this one. If I can order a mid-brown Campdraft from EA (3 months right there!) and have it trimmed locally, I'll be ahead of the game.

Duper, you may be right that 2 5/8 would work better. Certainly I've always felt at home in my Stetson Temples, which have brims that size.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I've heard back from Sam of Everything Australian:

"Sorry for the delay in response.

"I have just heard back from Akubra and unfortunately they have advised due to increased workload they will not be making any customised hats until after Christmas.

"They have advised if you are still interested to check in 3 months time.

"I am sorry for this inconvenience but unfortunately it is out of our control."

Which means a good six months out -- which means it'll be too hot for me to actually, y'know, wear the Campdraft once I get it.

Ah, well. There are plenty of other hats out there -- and if I go with a mid-brown, I can have its brim trimmed and rebound next summer.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I've heard back from Sam of Everything Australian:

"Sorry for the delay in response.

"I have just heard back from Akubra and unfortunately they have advised due to increased workload they will not be making any customised hats until after Christmas.

"They have advised if you are still interested to check in 3 months time.

"I am sorry for this inconvenience but unfortunately it is out of our control."

Look at it this way: MORE folks are buying hats !!! That's what we all want, right ? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic