Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

cloudatlas

New in Town
Thanks Chaps,

Cloudatlas - the Silverbelly is a really nice colour, go for it!

I should say that before I received the hat I was worrying about the brim size, but when it turned up I had to measure it to see if they'd somehow shipped a hat with a smaller brim - they hadn't of course! I guess the brim width is just right - who'd have thought it!?

So is that the heritage felt (i.e. the "deluxe" model), or the imperial? Either way, it looks great!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Chaps,

Cloudatlas - the Silverbelly is a really nice colour, go for it!

I should say that before I received the hat I was worrying about the brim size, but when it turned up I had to measure it to see if they'd somehow shipped a hat with a smaller brim - they hadn't of course! I guess the brim width is just right - who'd have thought it!?

Also re brim size. If your hat comes in w a nice deep even flang the brim will appear smaller than one with a flat floppy brim. Asked Sam at EA to chk my CD and make sure it has a deep even flang. Will see. Still waiting for the SB.

Aether

One of the Regulars
Thanks again everyone.

This thread was what made me buy the CD in the first place, so I'm indebted to you all.

Cloudatlas - it's just the regular Imperial grade.

Bob - that's interesting about the flanging. I was quite surprised when I opened the box because I thought the brim would look bigger. But that makes sense, it's just got a nice even flange. You learn something new every day!

Fed - thanks for the advice, just what I wanted to hear! I'll just wear it and let it conform to my head. I'll get on over to the Diamond Authority too.

Nick

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thanks again everyone.

This thread was what made me buy the CD in the first place, so I'm indebted to you all.

Cloudatlas - it's just the regular Imperial grade.

Bob - that's interesting about the flanging. I was quite surprised when I opened the box because I thought the brim would look bigger. But that makes sense, it's just got a nice even flange. You learn something new every day!

Fed - thanks for the advice, just what I wanted to hear! I'll just wear it and let it conform to my head. I'll get on over to the Diamond Authority too.

Nick
Mine is Imp grade also. Felt absolutely no need to go the xtra $$$.

89quattro

One of the Regulars
My moonstone Campdraft from Hats Direct that was shipped 4 weeks back has not yet landed...they are trying to find out what is causing the delay. What were your experiences with delivery times to the NYC metro area?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
My moonstone Campdraft from Hats Direct that was shipped 4 weeks back has not yet landed...they are trying to find out what is causing the delay. What were your experiences with delivery times to the NYC metro area?

None YET... in CT. Mine is still "Down Under." Dont even kno if EA has gotten it yet.

I've got 2 Heritage Campdraft Deluxes
First one, because we at the Lounge convinced them to make the run & second, because that's the only way to get one in Moonstone.
Overall, the felt hand & finish are better, ribbon & sweat are better...justify that much added cost = good enough for me.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I've got 2 Heritage Campdraft Deluxes
First one, because we at the Lounge convinced them to make the run & second, because that's the only way to get one in Moonstone.
Overall, the felt hand & finish are better, ribbon & sweat are better...justify that much added cost = good enough for me.

I don't believe EA offers the Campdraft in Heritage.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Mine is Imp grade also. Felt absolutely no need to go the xtra $$$.

There are differences. Lighter, softer, and has a more supple band. However, whether it is worth the high percentage increase in cost is a very personal issue. For me, I am happy with my Imperial Camp Drafts and would not go back for another Heritage Campdraft for the money. I just wish that EA would come up with a gray color.

Fed

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Does anyone else turn the brim of a Camp Draft down? On my BlueGrass it works better than the others for some reason. Not sure if it was flanged differently (seems to not be as deeply snapped) or it may have been how I have used it since receiving it. This one has been weathered a lot more than any other hat that I own, which is not surprising since it is worn frequently - particularly outdoors. The down-turned brim also gives better sun and rain protection for some situations.

The Silverbelly does not seem to work well this way at all - the brim just wants to be snapped as a fedora.

Does anyone else de-fedora their Camp Drafts by turning the brim back down?

Fed

Does anyone else turn the brim of a Camp Draft down? On my BlueGrass it works better than the others for some reason. Not sure if it was flanged differently (seems to not be as deeply snapped) or it may have been how I have used it since receiving it. This one has been weathered a lot more than any other hat that I own, which is not surprising since it is worn frequently - particularly outdoors. The down-turned brim also gives better sun and rain protection for some situations.

The Silverbelly does not seem to work well this way at all - the brim just wants to be snapped as a fedora.

Does anyone else de-fedora their Camp Drafts by turning the brim back down?

Fed

Put up some pics doing a side by side. It'd be interesting to visualize.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic