Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Spats McGee

One Too Many
That may often be true, but the email that I got said that they were out of stock and that the whole next shipment, due in a few weeks, was all spoken for. After that, they don't expect a shipment until January. I was willing to pay a little extra at Hats Direct because I expected them to have Campdrafts available for (almost) immediate delivery. I might as well use the 3 months to see if the Australian Dollar drops again.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Here's mine.
Campdraft2.jpg

The fawn is sort of a light camel/tan color. I would definitely not classify it as "brown". It DOES have a much richer color than my photo shows, though. I ditched the silly little wind trolley pretty quickly.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Fatdutchman said:
I ditched the silly little wind trolley pretty quickly.
Looks good! Great diamond too!:eusa_clap I would probably cut off the wind trolley on mine since I will never use them but I know AlanC is a Wind trolley fan and might suspend me!:eek: lol lol

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
My wind trolly just was kind of cheesy. Didn't look like it would work well, and wouldn't loop up tight around the crown. If it was done a little more neatly, I MIGHT have left it on. ;)

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I left the wind trolley on my silverbelly campdraft. Now I have a taupe fawn ordered from Everything Australian. We'll see what happens to that one.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Fatdutchman said:
My wind trolly just was kind of cheesy. Didn't look like it would work well, and wouldn't loop up tight around the crown. If it was done a little more neatly, I MIGHT have left it on. ;)

I didn't have any trouble tightening my wind trolly. I think it looks kind of neat, even if I don't use it.

Very nice! I have a silver belly campdraft on order from Everything Australian = nice price. Was thinking of getting one in mid-brown after I get this one in.
I've seen posting of photos of tawny, anybody got one in mid-brown? gtd

Jauntyone

Practically Family
It's just too bad this hat can't be gotten in more colors. It really is an incredible value. It's as close as you can come in modern times to buying a golden era type hat without going custom.

Jauntyone said:
It's just too bad this hat can't be gotten in more colors. It really is an incredible value. It's as close as you can come in modern times to buying a golden era type hat without going custom.
I totally agree! Hate that they reduced the colors just as I found the hat = would love a gray one but silver belly does seem to go with most of my wardrobe...gtd

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great looking Campdrafts, JO and Carter. You just can't beat 'em.

JO, your looks very nice with that jacket and tie.

Carter, is yours tawny fawn? I hope so, I have one coming that color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy