Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Just for fun here are all my Akubra hats
8d12821ce02db4e679143c9e9fedc203.jpg

Left to right SnowyRiver in Santone, Federation Deluxe III in dark brown and Down Under in black
8db45b2a8a7391e13cd1e8dbd595d193.jpg

SnowyRiver in sand, Coolabah in bran and Banjo Paterson in heritage Fawn.
bf1fae5c7e9c48eb25df119c9275af2d.jpg

Croc in black, Squatter in carbon grey and SnowyRiver in rodeo red
07afcd81d9379fe38dabe7acafb8cb9e.jpg

And finally the Cattleman in Fawn. The Banjo Paterson and red SnowyRiver I bought for my wife but she never wears. But the kids love to wear them from time to time.
Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember about the kids wearing that gorgeous red Snowy River !!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love Santone Fawn, as I have said, I feel that it is the most Australian shade, has Australian written all over it.

But will get some pics of the Sand, Black, Santone and BGG together Friday or Saturday

Might help you get a better idea

I am looking forward to seeing the post. I can imagine how large your Akubra collection is now. Must be very impressive.
I agree with you on the Santone Fawn. Very Australian. It's also a great colour, it's light enough that it's not that hot but dark enough it doesent get dirty easily. Love it.
Johnny

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I am thinkin that I like the Santone Fawn...I pamper the Black one but most of my other hats end up with a little "character"..I actually need to get a stretcher as my Coolabah shrunk a bit after its last soaking..
Here we go

Sand, Santone Fawn, Blue Grass Green and Black.

Tried, even forced me to pick a favorite, couldn't. Each one is very special.

I hope this helps
dd2e22c5176be20cedfe6a27764d9ecd.jpg
2e7a6ab1e95b778e38359ba8b9b4d9d8.jpg
8fcf852de0128da44721d24b2f9d5802.jpg
b7b0fa9494ee1691e1be8cf230deaf27.jpg
76148ade8c6c7e66e98fbf29fadf8d99.jpg
396af55c705f00329372eb7078478a71.jpg
4f14c2c50f9727404b74cebdbfc576eb.jpg
5cd7ef154194690882dedbc0a1ebec7f.jpg
67b62d2b49b85b2eeca91a1b7c4e2d51.jpg

Last edited:

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
The CPs are pretty nice overall. I especially like the flat brim, but the crease does not work for my head and body. This is a problem because the crease is well set in the stiff crown. Wish there was an open crown version.

Fed

These are my Akubras. First, my three Fed IVs - Dark Brown, Tawny Fawn, Moonstone:

7Eo39Wl.jpg

FocbUgW.jpg

eJ69nNE.jpg

And my three Campdrafts - Bluegrass Green, Taupe Fawn, Silverbelly:

EeBQaOU.jpg

kutDCB7.jpg

aRpAGDS.jpg

I clearly have a preferred "look" for each style; Diamond crease for the Fed IVs, Teardrop for the Campdrafts (though the Bluegrass Green has more of a soft C-Crown). It wasn't intentional, just the way it worked out over time. In fact, initially I gave the Feds Teardrop creases as well, but once I figured out how to do a Diamond crease on the first one there was no turning back. ;)

At some point I think I'd like to add a Heritage Fawn Banjo Paterson to the lineup, but 2017 has been unkind to my wife and I financially so that will have to wait.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
These are my Akubras. First, my three Fed IVs - Dark Brown, Tawny Fawn, Moonstone:

7Eo39Wl.jpg

FocbUgW.jpg

eJ69nNE.jpg

EeBQaOU.jpg

kutDCB7.jpg

aRpAGDS.jpg

I clearly have a preferred "look" for each style; Diamond crease for the Fed IVs, Teardrop for the Campdrafts (though the Bluegrass Green has more of a soft C-Crown). It wasn't intentional, just the way it worked out over time. In fact, initially I gave the Feds Teardrop creases as well, but once I figured out how to do a Diamond crease on the first one there was no turning back. ;)

At some point I think I'd like to add a Heritage Fawn Banjo Paterson to the lineup, but 2017 has been unkind to my wife and I financially so that will have to wait.
Nice collection Z.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

7Eo39Wl.jpg

FocbUgW.jpg

eJ69nNE.jpg

EeBQaOU.jpg

kutDCB7.jpg

aRpAGDS.jpg

I have the same stable of CD's same shades and shape !!

Really hope you can get the Banjo Paterson in Heritage Fawn, I have it and it's a real nice hat.

Hope your current economic bumps finish soon and prosperity shows and stays in your lives!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
Hello, I live in Seoul, Korea where weather is now rainy season. I wear two akubra federation IV several times in the rain and mistakenly put the hat nested. Then, somehow, the sweatband got sort of very sticky. By sticky, I do not mean "comfortable sticky" against strong wind. It is like "glued."

For grey federation iv, the whole band got sticky. If I smear it, sticky black residue comes off. I tried tooth brush with soap to clean off, but no success. For the other federation IV, only forehead and rear-head part is beginning partially sticky. I would like to salvage the latter one. But, don't know how.

Did I completely ruin the hats?

I believe I am the first victim of this mystery that MOON referred to. I have tried everything and I do mean EVERYTHING to remove it, nothings worked.. My solution is this: I am going to live with it. Honestly, no kind of snobbery being applied or hinted at here, this hat just isn't that valuable to be pumping money into it. That could be better spent on other situations as far as I am concerned. The best of luck with yours, do hope you have better luck than I did.

...Really hope you can get the Banjo Paterson in Heritage Fawn, I have it and it's a real nice hat...
Thank you my friend! I considered the Coober Pedy, and I really like yours displayed in post #5944 above, but the rounded/tapered crown really wouldn't suit me and the brim is just a bit too wide for my tastes, so I think the Banjo Paterson would be better for me.

...Hope your current economic bumps finish soon and prosperity shows and stays in your lives!
So do we! :)

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Thank you my friend! I considered the Coober Pedy, and I really like yours displayed in post #5944 above, but the rounded/tapered crown really wouldn't suit me and the brim is just a bit too wide for my tastes, so I think the Banjo Paterson would be better for me.

So do we! :)
I think you will love it in Heritage Fawn, it look way better than Charcoal IMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy