Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Chuck Bobuck said:
Looks great indycop. I love my glen grey CD. Maybe it's my imagination, but it really feels thicker than my tawny, does yours?
It feels pretty light to me. I don't know if Bob told them to stretch the oval or if they just knew from previous orders but the oval was perfect out of the box! I am an extra long oval :D

Goose.

Practically Family
Wolfwood...what a great present and picture. Hope your sister gets lots of miles on that hat.

Awest8532, welcome. I'm betting that you will really like your Federation hats. Post pics when they come in.

JP...no arrows needed on that ribbon. That would've bugged me too. Too bad you had to, but nice job fixing it up.

Indy Cop...too cool for school what BobC did. I'm with Spats McGee, RBH, and Torpedo in that I think that crease looks great. That is a nice lid. Nice pic of you as well...you look like you "almost" smiled :)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Goose. said:

Indy Cop...too cool for school what BobC did. I'm with Spats McGee, RBH, and Torpedo in that I think that crease looks great. That is a nice lid. Nice pic of you as well...you look like you "almost" smiled :)
You guys realize that's not a diamond right? It is a feeble attempt at a teardrop that is not coming around. Maybe it's a diamonddrop...:rolleyes: lol

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
I came home last night and found a box waiting for me from Australia! I have been messing with it trying to attempt a teardrop but so far it is not going so hot. I will work on it a little more before resorting to a diamond. I am in contact with the crease chief on this one.:rolleyes:
It is Glen Gray, I will take pics in the sun tomorrow.

This hat was sent to me from BobC. He got it for me for doing his brim. I surely did not deserve it but sure do like it! So thank you very much Bob!!:eusa_clap

GEDC0588-1.jpg

I think you deserve it, IC. You bound my Fed brim, wouldn't take any payment for it, and even paid for the return postage. All you said you wanted was a drink on the cruise in Sept. Well, one good turn deserves another, right?

I really like my Campdrafts, and the glen gray is the one that ends up on my head more than any of the rest of them because it goes with most of the clothes I wear.

Thank you for binding my Fed. It looks great too, and how many other bound brim Feds are there?

You wear your Campdrafts well. Enjoy this one and wear it as well as the rest. You deserve it. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

indycop said:
It feels pretty light to me. I don't know if Bob told them to stretch the oval or if they just knew from previous orders but the oval was perfect out of the box! I am an extra long oval :D

I didn't tell them to stretch the oval, but I did ask them to check your file to be sure I ordered the right size. Knowing the level of customer service at Hatsdirect I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up that bid of info when they checked your file and went ahead and did it for you.

There were several e-mails that went back and forth between Hatsdirect and me with them asking me various things about how I wanted this or that handled. I can't say too much about what a really fine job they do there, even from the other side of the world.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bob! I have worn this hat all day and don't know if I should finish the crown to a smooth diamond now or leave it unique. It has become an instant old friend, we went out on a boat today and it protected me from the sun and I would protect it from blowing away when we went fast. We docked to eat and it was on shielding me. It has performed admirably.:D

GEDC0597-1.jpg

indycop said:
.... It has performed admirably.:D
GEDC0597-1.jpg
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Looking good John! I took your tip & sanded my Campdrafts some, still waiting on my mid-brown, ordered 12/11/2008. I also trimmed the ribbon on my Glen Grey, it was more than 1/2 inch longer than my Silver Belly.
I like the multi-faceted diamond crease. I tried one of those but got a teardrop!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Looking good John! I took your tip & sanded my Campdrafts some, still waiting on my mid-brown, ordered 12/11/2008. I also trimmed the ribbon on my Glen Grey, it was more than 1/2 inch longer than my Silver Belly.
I like the multi-faceted diamond crease. I tried one of those but got a teardrop!
The ribbon on this one is longer and softer than the others, I may trim the ends a little. i was trying for a teardrop and got a diamondrop!:eek:

BobC

I've said it quite a few times, you can't beat those Campdrafts. That one looks really fine on you, John. I guess you like it then? I had a feeling you would. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
I've said it quite a few times, you can't beat those Campdrafts. That one looks really fine on you, John. I guess you like it then? I had a feeling you would. ;)
Oh yea I love it! I am glad it is a different gray than Remembrance too. I love the slight blue tint it gives off.

BobC

indycop said:
Oh yea I love it! I am glad it is a different gray than Remembrance too. I love the slight blue tint it gives off.

Yea, it's different than any of the other grays I have too. It's darker and bluer. I have a granite from Art, a moonstone Fed Dlx IV (that you've held in you hands), and a lighter gray Adam and most recently a blue gray Stratoliner. Each is quite a bit different from the others.

Soon I'll have a gray or blue gray whippet joining the hat clan at our house thanks to the hat wise eyes of my friend, Jim.

BobC

Colby Jack said:
IC...That hat looks great!...Bob...wonderful job!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Good to see you here, CJ. I thought the other day I hadn't seen you around here for a while. Have you been out or am I just missing your posts?

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
BobC said:

Very nice gesture BobC. The Campdraft's a fantastic hat and the glen grey is a unique and versitile color. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn