Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Ephraim Tutt said:
Today, being my birthday, the kids have banded together to buy dad an Akubra Balmoral - with official Akubra hatbox of course.

It's a hemp straw with thin leather band and Akubra badge. Colour is natural straw.

Nice looking hat and happy birthday. :)

babs

A-List Customer
Ephraim Tutt said:
Righto you lot! Yesterday I mentioned that the Stylemaster in moonstone had just arrived at my local hatter and some of you wanted pics.

So, in the spirit of service I popped on down to the shop again today and took these with my phone - so forgive the quality. The ribbon and binding is a lovely grey/green replacing the dark grey (from memory) ribbon & binding they used last time they released the SM in moonstone.

Stylemasterinmoonstone2.jpg
Stylemasterinmoonstone1.jpg

Oh that's just wrong!!! An actual hat STORE!!! A sure enough hat SHOP!! Full of Akubra's.
I'd probably go into fits in there from sensory overload. hehehehe

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Roninjedi said:
Has any Federation IV owner had the liner kind of flop down from the top? It's not a problem, really. I just started noticing it after wearing (and sweating in) the hat for an extended period of time. The top of the liner just sags down inside the hat and rests on the top of my head when I wear it.

Just curious if this is a normal thing with lined hats in general, Akubras specifically, or just my lid. [huh]
One of my Campdrafts does that. I like them better with no liner or at least with the "plastic" portion removed.:D

Ephraim Tutt said:
Today, being my birthday, the kids have banded together to buy dad an Akubra Balmoral - with official Akubra hatbox of course.

It's a hemp straw with thin leather band and Akubra badge. Colour is natural straw.

Happy Belated Birthday! Nice Akubra!

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
One of my Campdrafts does that. I like them better with no liner or at least with the "plastic" portion removed.:D

Yeah. Since I live in a hot part of the country, I'm seriously considering removing the liner altogether.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Roninjedi said:
Yeah. Since I live in a hot part of the country, I'm seriously considering removing the liner altogether.

What? Are you waiting for someone to hold a gun to your head? :rolleyes:

I have no use for liners. Yank that sucker out, Roninjedi!

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
CRH said:
What? Are you waiting for someone to hold a gun to your head? :rolleyes:

I have no use for liners. Yank that sucker out, Roninjedi!

Yeah, you're right. I just had this ridiculous idea that removing that beautiful Akubra logoed liner would somehow "mess up" my lovely new hat. This after having spent the last year teaching my girlfriend that just because something comes from the factory a certain way, doesn't mean it has to stay that way. Out it comes! lol

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters