Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
"Can I crease that one into a kind of Maltese Falcon shape?"

Yes - That diamond creased crown is not hard to mimic with the nice open crown, but the band is not the same. Look up the Diamond Authority thread here in the hat forums.

"Also does anyone has that hat in that color, the color looks different in my phone that what it looks like in my computer, is it a nice looking versatile color?"

Yes, I have it . It is a great color - scrolling back in this thread and in the Campdraft thread will get several photos of the hat and color. But it is sort of gray green, but changes with lighting and area colors. Subtle - not overpowering at all.

"I am worried I will end up looking like in a costume for St Patrick´s day."

No, it is not Kelly green by any means. I wear it with blue jeans and several colors of suits. Blends well.

"Any input is very very welcomed !!"

I have one and would buy the BlueGrass Campdraft again if something happened to mine.

Fed

Hoss & da Posse

One of the Regulars
Just got my new Tablelands from Everything Australia and I must comment on just how damn awesome Sam is. He bent over backwards to get me a hat that I would love and returned every email lightning fast. He did great work on the kangaroo barrel strap that you see in one of the final photos. The purpose of this hat is to be my go to outdoors hat when hunting, fishing kayaking or just working hard in the yard. Strap was vital because of my love of the water and I think this hat will do an awesome job

I can vouch for both Sam and the Tablelands. I've had mine several years now doing exactly what you describe. From fly fishing on the chattahoochee to pheasant hunting in South Dakota, it has handled snow, rain, humidity with no problem and still looks great. Wear in good health!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

Yes - That diamond creased crown is not hard to mimic with the nice open crown, but the band is not the same. Look up the Diamond Authority thread here in the hat forums.

"Also does anyone has that hat in that color, the color looks different in my phone that what it looks like in my computer, is it a nice looking versatile color?"

Yes, I have it . It is a great color - scrolling back in this thread and in the Campdraft thread will get several photos of the hat and color. But it is sort of gray green, but changes with lighting and area colors. Subtle - not overpowering at all.

No, it is not Kelly green by any means. I wear it with blue jeans and several colors of suits. Blends well.

I have one and would buy the BlueGrass Campdraft again if something happened to mine.

Fed

Thanks a lot Fed !!! Made up my mind, will buy it Monday...

After this my next one will be an Akubra Safari, and a nice charcoal or dark grey Akubra Squatter.

Great answer, thanks for your time !!

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I can vouch for both Sam and the Tablelands. I've had mine several years now doing exactly what you describe. From fly fishing on the chattahoochee to pheasant hunting in South Dakota, it has handled snow, rain, humidity with no problem and still looks great. Wear in good health!

This is what I will hopefully be looking like come April! LOL. Got a quick question, on your Tablelands is the back of the brim down or do you steam it up? Trying to figure out how it is "supposed" to be worn

Hoss & da Posse

One of the Regulars
This is what I will hopefully be looking like come April! LOL. Got a quick question, on your Tablelands is the back of the brim down or do you steam it up? Trying to figure out how it is "supposed" to be worn

I've left mine shaped as it arrived, except for how it takes on a shape of it's own as the weather and wear take their toll. Down all around. Just "works" for me when I'm out in field and stream.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
Having it down is correct for that hat and also does a better job of protecting you from sun and rain.

I really like that hat.

Fed

Last edited:

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

Fed

I just ordered it Sam placed the order together with an adventurer that I am waiting to get, so I even save some $$ in shipping.

I will need help creasing it !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24