Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Can't you visit the neighbors and pick them up?
I don't know their neighbors and since I will actually have to work Monday-Friday this week I might as well wait til Saturday.:eek: Then I can wear it to the airshow Saturday!;)

stibbons

New in Town
Renmark

My Renmark from ebay arrived this morning, and went straight from the box to my head. :)

I should try to get some more pictures in daylight tomorrow, after the raindrops have dried out, but here's what it looks like on.

The Cavanagh Edge Primer thread mentions that Akubra are making the Renmark with a Cavanagh brim. This one most definitely has a regular stitched brim though. Peculiar.

stibbons

New in Town
MississippiLong said:
a few pics of my acorn stylemaster slightly rebashed (tighter front pinch and a "hollywood" brim swoop.

The swoop's on the wrong side, but it still reminds me a lot of the Australian Army slouch hats.
ww1-gs-hat.jpg

let me know what you think folks.

I like! :eusa_clap

Nigel

One of the Regulars
RBH said:
Nice 'drafts you have there Nigel!
I like that crease, do you have the same in both hats?
You wear them well!!!

Thanks Rusty, yes I have the same crease in both hats, though I may modify the silverbelly slightly, it still has some rough edges.

jec

One of the Regulars
Angler

Here's one we haven't seen here yet. It's an Akubra Angler (purchased from from Outback Outlet). The color is Taupe.

I don't at the moment have a head-on view of the hat, or a close-up.

JCoeCunninghamcrop.jpg

I replaced the narrow leather rope hat band that came on the hat with the flat braided Stetson band that has been offered continuously by a seller on EBay during recent months. It was a perfect match for the color of the felt.

Of my three Akubra field hats, this is my favorite (and it fits best). The other two (a Cattleman and Riverina) both came in very rounded oval shapes, and my head is more of a long oval. Was it here in this thread that I read that others of you also have had issues with Akubras being very round?

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
That's great Jecoe...this needs to be the all encompassing Akubra thread...So few dealers show the hats on actual heads...it's amazing how some look completely different than what you pictured from the web sites...:eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Todays wear, Taupe Fawn Campdraft and Mid Brown Federation for Dee! :D Pics later...lol goin to airshow.:p

You must have gotten some hats. I can feel mine close, but I still haven't seen one on my doorstep yet. I'm expecting a moonstone Fed Deluxe IV from Hatsdirect and a Resistol from a lounge member any day now, but they weren't here today and they won't be here tomorrow. :rolleyes: :(

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Colby Jack said:
I'm still debating over a fawn or brown Fed Dlx...So many hats...so little money...:p :eusa_doh: [huh] :eek:

Mine's fawn and I really like it, but either will fit the bill I'm sure. The moonstone has been on my wish list for a while and these prices lately drove me to order one along with a mid brown Campdraft.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Dee...lookin' great as always!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
IC...those Camp Drafts are night and day...and look fantastic side by side...:eusa_clap :D ...That's a great T Shirt also!

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Those are good-looking, IC & Dee. Thanks for putting the silverbelly & taupe fawn side-by-side, IC. I've been looking at those two and trying to decide which I liked. Now I think I'm just going to have to order a Campdraft in the taupe fawn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner