Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Stylemaster "Bluegrass Green"

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well friends, I really tried hard to capture the true colour of the 'bluegrass green' Stylemaster, but it still seems to have turned out more grey in my photos than it is in real life. It's more of what we term in Australia a 'heritage' or 'Federation' green. I really dig this colour!

Anyway, I tightened up the pinch a tad and steamed a casual diamond bash into the crown and this is the result:

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

What do you think, muchachos?

Duck

Practically Family
Sharp looking lid, Benny!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I was wondering what the Bluegrass Green looked like. I like it!!!

Edward

Bartender
Looks sharp! I'm very interested in a Stylemaster in the grey (was that carbon or steel it comes in?). That green looks great too.

By the by.... does the Stylemaster come with a wind trolley (like the fedora model it basically resembles, less the bound edge and slightly different crown)?

Barb

One of the Regulars
Great "rich looking" color

and it looks great on you.

Benny Holiday said:
Well friends, I really tried hard to capture the true colour of the 'bluegrass green' Stylemaster, but it still seems to have turned out more grey in my photos than it is in real life. It's more of what we term in Australia a 'heritage' or 'Federation' green. I really dig this colour!

Anyway, I tightened up the pinch a tad and steamed a casual diamond bash into the crown and this is the result:

What do you think, muchachos?

Havana

One of the Regulars
Great looking hat and outfit. I love Akubras but their colors have always baffled and frustrated me. They sell khakis that are green, browns that are really red, greys that are blue and greens that don't really appear to be green. It seems like you never know what color you're really going to get until it arrives - unless you order black of course. I'm going to assume that one is really black.

EricH

One of the Regulars
Love the look! Can't help but feel something is missing though, perhaps a copy of Sydney Morning Herald rolled up and tucked under your arm. I have always had a soft spot for the Akubras which were some of my first hats. Nothing looks better in January in Minnesota than a Snowy River covered with a layer of snow and ice.

Eric
(PS Like the tilt to the lid)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Are those oranges on the tree?

Nice outfit. A folded paper or racing form would indeed complete the effect.

Like the felt color and the coordinating ribbon. :)

(Glad you decided to forego a murse.)

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the enthusiasm for the outfit, ladies and gents!

Well, Indycop, the colour is darker than olive - it must be the hardest darn colour to capture photographically! It's very close to this shade:

Resene_Lunar_Green.jpg

Eric, I've been hounding the Mrs to take photos of me to post in those outstanding lids you kindly sold me via the Classifieds - thank you again, they are both superb!

Edward, the Stylemaster is bereft of a wind trolley. My Campdraft (OR thin-ribbon style) has one, though).

The tree is my beloved lemon tree Carter, it produces big, juicy lemons that are good to trade in the neighbourhood for oranges and mandarins! :D

Edward

Bartender
Benny Holiday said:
Edward, the Stylemaster is bereft of a wind trolley. My Campdraft (OR thin-ribbon style) has one, though).

Thanks.... I'm going to have to find myself a good local milliner in London that can fit them, as I think I'm gonig to need a few! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot