Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers Spiegel

nabottle

A-List Customer
I picked up a size 42 Spiegel in Vintage Brown Steer. Amanda's customer service was very impressive and the shipping was unbelievably fast. I'll get pictures soon, but from what I can see, they'll be getting more business from me. It was a sale item, so it is a stock 42. The leather almost feels like suede and it is very soft and supple with substantial weight to it.

eggleman

One of the Regulars
A friend bought an AL jacket in the same vintage brown steer , and found it marked too easily for his liking ,
so he gave it a coat of Pecards , and now it has a nice dark brown oil-pulled appearance .

Azog

Familiar Face
I bought the on sale size 44 Spiegel in vintage brown steer. I too felt the leather marked easily and was too light for me. Using pecards the colour changed to a rich mid to dark brown which I much prefer. Couldn't be happier with it now as the new colour and soft leather seems to suit the Spiegel style very well. Wish I took before and after pics as the change was substantial.

nabottle

A-List Customer
Thanks for the info guys. I can see that it marks easily. It actually reminds me on my Saddleback Leather Briefcase. The leather is meant to change over time and take on a vintage appearance. If you guys have any pictures of your jackets after the Pecards, I would really love to see the difference it made. I'll get some pictures of mine in the next day or two.

schitzo

Suspended
So the nabottle spending spree continues eh. Haha good for you. I am looking forward to your pics sir as I too am a fan of this jacket. As I recall it's a smarter more fitted style than I'd anticipated. I tried a size 40 on in this leather at the factory and if it hadn't been for the sleeves which were too short I'd have had it away there and then

Yes Eggleman it works and that looks very interesting indeed, in a good way. Any chance you could post a pic or two of the whole thing? Even better if you can post the whole thing being worn.

All the best
Schitz

eggleman

One of the Regulars
getting the hang of this

9486067136_5cab4da91e.jpg

eggleman

One of the Regulars
hopefully this shows the new appearance of the hide
if nabottle can post his jacket this'll show how great a change it makes
sorry pics aren't great , but it's not my jacket , so had to quickly grab a few shots to show the finish.

9483462043_c935c6b048.jpg 9483460177_5dedd3aa09.jpg 9486256318_7d1cca629b.jpg 9483456319_24942ab3cd.jpg 9486252372_6d832d07ba.jpg 9486250454_f6011c28ca.jpg 9486067136_5cab4da91e.jpg

eggleman

One of the Regulars
''Yes Eggleman it works and that looks very interesting indeed, in a good way. Any chance you could post a pic or two of the whole thing? Even better if you can post the whole thing being worn.

All the best
Schitz''

In homage to your good self , I'll try to get him to pose in his crocs ;)

Last edited:

nabottle

A-List Customer
So the nabottle spending spree continues eh. Haha good for you. I am looking forward to your pics sir as I too am a fan of this jacket. As I recall it's a smarter more fitted style than I'd anticipated. I tried a size 40 on in this leather at the factory and if it hadn't been for the sleeves which were too short I'd have had it away there and then

Yes Eggleman it works and that looks very interesting indeed, in a good way. Any chance you could post a pic or two of the whole thing? Even better if you can post the whole thing being worn.

All the best
Schitz

You're right Schitzo. It had a very fitted design. I was surprised, but very pleased. The sleeves a a little long for me and I'll have that fixed locally soon. The price was just too low NOT to get it when I did. And I will get some pictures posted soon. I guess that would be one thing that a live-in girlfriend would be good for?

schitzo

Suspended
. I guess that would be one thing that a live-in girlfriend would be good for?

woah woah woah fella! Steady on, they don't need to move in just to take some photos :rolleyes:

Seems I may have got here just in time :D

Am looking forward to those pics, which hopefully won't take an age..

(unlike simonc who still owes us 'pioneer' fits pics. I never forget!)

nabottle

A-List Customer
woah woah woah fella! Steady on, they don't need to move in just to take some photos :rolleyes:

Seems I may have got here just in time :D

Am looking forward to those pics, which hopefully won't take an age..

(unlike simonc who still owes us 'pioneer' fits pics. I never forget!)
That was great! HaHaHaHa...I'm still laughing!

eggleman

One of the Regulars
I've had a chance to compare the Pecard treated Vintage leather with Alexanders oil-pull steerhide , and to my eye it's practically identical.
Any chance we'll get those pics of the original finish ?
Hope you're happy with the jacket BTW :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic