Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All You Need to Know About Hat Etiquette

Canadave

One Too Many
"The Whole Ten Yards"

Anyone see these pics yet? I like the hat...know what it is?

hat.JPG

hat2.JPG

David

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I can't see the detail on it really well, but it looks to me to be a Milan straw hat. The ribbon looks vintage, but I have seen hats from Baron's that use ribbons like that as well. I wouldn't doubt if Baron's did it.

Here's mine. It's currently getting cleaned and reblocked (in a slightly different shape) so it'll be ready for the summer.

104_0461-vi.jpg

1090956_IMG-vi.jpg

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Clean and Block already?

You just got that hat! How come it needs a cleaning already? I can understand the reblock.....hummmm dusty conditons on the winter shelf, perhaps?;)

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I think I got it back in May, and I wore the heck out of it all last summer because it was my only straw. That was my first Optimo.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
WOW MATT!!!! How did you get that picture? It's my hat!! The original title to this movie was "Gangster" but if I remember correctly they changed it to "Last Man Standing" Am I correct?

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by Zohar
I can't see the detail on it really well, but it looks to me to be a Milan straw hat. The ribbon looks vintage, but I have seen hats from Baron's that use ribbons like that as well. I wouldn't doubt if Baron's did it.

Here's mine. It's currently getting cleaned and reblocked (in a slightly different shape) so it'll be ready for the summer.

Unlike MK, I like Bruce's...and yours (especially with the brim flipped up all the way around)! Where can I get one like it? (I searched on Baron's Hats, but couldn't find a web site.

D

Fedora

Vendor
To each his own I guess. I don't like stingy brimmed hats. They all look comical to me, almost a caricature of a real hat. No offense. I will take a broad brim, tall crown fedora any day of the week and twice on Sunday. :D The stingy brimmed hats do look right nice on circus clowns though. ;) :D Fedora

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by Fedora
To each his own I guess. I don't like stingy brimmed hats. They all look comical to me, almost a caricature of a real hat. No offense. I will take a broad brim, tall crown fedora any day of the week and twice on Sunday. :D The stingy brimmed hats do look right nice on circus clowns though. ;) :D Fedora

Hmmm, circus clowns...or me, right? :D

None taken.

D

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
We all wear hats for fashion as well as function.
If we were wearing hats purely for function they would have 3 1/2" brims and a short short crown height with a bound edge to keep the brim sturdy

c21.jpg

If we were wearing them for fashion alone we would be wearing Devo hats, or this

9116_l.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Oh Matt, you are a funnnnnnnnnnnny MAN!

That trucker hat was the best! I had hats like that in the 80's! Man, did they look bad on me!

Thanks for bringing a big laugh to my day bro!

Cheers.

Fedora

Vendor
You have a good nature Canadave, and no offense meant. Actually, now that I think of it, Carlos Santana looks pretty cool with his stingy brimmed hats. I never liked Sinatra's choice, although some have said a wider brimmed fedora would have looked funny on such a thin fellow. That is a matter of opinion as most hard and fast hat rules miss the mark, IMHO. ;) If that were the case, only big men would wear western hats. I see lots of country and western singers, who are skinny, wearing those sombreros they call cowboy hats. I think old Blue eyes wore those small hats so you could see his face. Vanity thou name art..... LOL Fedora

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Originally posted by Wild Root
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Oh Matt, you are a funnnnnnnnnnnny MAN!

That trucker hat was the best! I had hats like that in the 80's! Man, did they look bad on me!

Thanks for bringing a big laugh to my day bro!

Cheers.

Actually you probably had a cap like this in the 80's
de_1.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner