Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Lando

Practically Family
14735984521_71ce0fe937_c.jpg

I've meant to write about this great hat Tim made me, but life just keeps getting in the way.

A western weight Bone fedora with a brim over three inches and a nice navy band with a shark gill bow. Hat came out great. It's got the right amount of brim to be really useful against the sun, and yet it's still classy enough I could wear it whenever. The western weight helps so that I don't just sweat through the felt and stain the ribbon. Beyond the color, it really is a very go anywhere do anything hat for me. I wore this baby hiking all day and then went out to dinner to a nice restaurant and put it right back on my head. I like when you can bring one hat on a trip and have it do everything. Tim's work is evolving and getting better with every hat he makes, and he stands by his construction.

14552703967_3b7470be72_c.jpg

14735987811_84843c7529_c.jpg

That is a beautiful hat Lando! It clearly looks good with something as casual as a Hawaiian shirt, and with that color combination I could see it looking equally as good with a sports coat, dress shirt, and slacks.

As for Tim's craftsmanship, I couldn't be happier with the hat he made for me and I'm looking forward to having an idea (and the finances) for my next hat so I can collaborate with him again.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Great hat Lando! I agree with Alex, looks good and the color combination is exactly right. It looks great on you. I like the wide brim widths too, with my big head they just fit. Tim does some fine work, I've got two of his hats, love them both. Yours is a fine example of his vision and work. You wear it well.

Gentlemen. Thank you for the continously good words on my work and communication. I tend to not respond much on the thread because I don't want others to think I am bumping my own thread.
But do know I greatly appreciate all the good words.
My life has been a bit complicated over the past several years and I've been through a lot. I value all the friends I've made here on the lounge. I appreciate everyone who has made special efforts to make sure I am OK. One thing that is wonderful is the good feelings I get when I finish a hat for you. I am just finishing up hat 40 and hope that I have many more to go. I do need to up my prices just a little and will do that effective September 1. Currently at 185 for staple rabbit and 250 for 100% dress weight beaver. New prices will be 50 dollars higher as of 9.1.14
Thank you !
Tim

Al- yes and the patience of a saint whilst you choose the final colour combination :)
I got that feeling when I was working with him to create my hat, but never actually experienced it simply because he nailed the color of the ribbon, the shape of the bow, the crown crease, etc., on the first try every time, so my responses pretty much consisted of, "Perfect, do it!" lol

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The other new arrival from Tim - bone with a wine/burgundy ribbon. Tim envisaged it brim up, and it looked great that way, but on my receding hairline I decided to drop the brim:

The ribbon close-up is the closest photo to the actual ribbon colour. Unfortunately the compact I was using struggles with faithful red reproduction:

Particular thanks to Tim for his generosity and patience with this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany