Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

DOGMAN

One Too Many
First I have to say I love this hat #42.The dark moss felt with steel ribbon and bow,the contasting olive brim binding is just cool.The 100% beaver felt is smooth and soft,I compared it to my Falcon park Dark green moss rabbit felt.The Falcon Park is nice felt but this is better.Really dig the crease he put in this hat(I asked for tall crown,with a diamond crease)It looks great.Love his bow work with hidden stitching.The sweatband is nice and feels good on.He sews in the hat liner,his work is really nice.This is his first try at hand stitching brim binding.I got to say I'm impressed.The binding is tight and even all the way around.If you look close you can tell it was done by hand.I think anyone other than one of us hat people would never know the difference.Tim commented that he could have done the back seam better.Holding the hat in my hands it is not as noticeable as it was in the picture that Tim took.I know one thing a guy with his talent will only improve as he goes.Thanks Tim... It's a great hat.

Chuck,
First off I want to say that I had a text from Preacher Man. He received a card from me with a crispy hundred dollar bill.
I fulfilled my goal. Thank you. It will be used for a family in need.

I am reading your critique and I am very pleased to see you mention the work detail. Thank you!

I aim to please my friend. Ill be working on hats in general and hoping to hear from lounge members with orders. I am looking to work gentlemen. Keep a keen eye on Cane!

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Hey Dogman, that Cane Creation looks great on you, you wear it well! Tim is an excellent hat maker who takes great pride in what he does and takes great care of his customers. I appreciate that and i appreciate him. I'd like to publicly thank him for an appreciation gift he sent me. As he mentioned in a post above I got a $100 bill in the mail from him. There is a dear lady in the church I pastor who recently had very serious and intensive surgery, she has a handicapped son she cares for, they are fantastic people but they're having a hard time of it right now. Tim thank you so much my friend for your gift, it has been used to help Cathy and her son Ryan. She is home from the hospital and doing really well. Dogman thank you for buying this hat from Tim and helping to make this possible. It's amazing what good things people can accomplish when working together with good hearts toward a good cause. Tim, thank you! Dogman, thank you!

Chuck, the hat looks great on you.
I appreciate all of the recent posts as well from everyone on the thread.

Today brought new advances for me. I did a closed loop, completed; and it turned out very professional. I have crossed a hatting threshold I do believe.

I will be posting a Granite Beaver soon. It should be done this week.

It is cut at 23-3/4 inches if there is anyone who might be interested please drop me a line.

Just a tip of the hat to all those that post terrific information on the lounge over the years. The brim bind tutorial was terrific.

Looking for work gentlemen!

Thank you all. I think I might be near ready to invest in liners and boxes soon. As well a website...if all goes well.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As promised here's the news I have for you concerning Canes Creations and Tim.

I was down to see Tim over the weekend, we sat down and had a nice long chat about his works. 1st off, let me just start out by saying that I feel responsible for getting Tim involved and wearing Vintage Fedoras. I told him right from the get go to be warned, this is extremely addicting, he laughed, yet I was very serious. Not very long after that, it seemed apparent that he knew I wasn't joking.

It wasn't very long after purchasing a few Vintage lids for himself, then 1 or 2 customs that he realized this was what he wanted to do, and take a stab at making his own. He asked me some questions because I had just finished making my very own 1st fedora. with the help of a couple of lounge members. That being said, he was on his way to becoming his own haberdasher. He started out slow, but if you know Tim, he is a perfectionist at whatever he does. He stepped aside from making custom bamboo fly rods to making custom fedoras.
Let me just say this, he has come an extremely long way in a very short time in his craft. I think a few customers here can attest to that.

All that being said. Tim believes this is his calling and wants to take the plunge doing his craft "full time". He already has completed/sold 44 hats so far, which I think is great. He also asked me to help him with a website and taking all his photos, which I'm more than happy to do....after all, I'll be getting hat #50, which is a big deal to me.

He has a very nice granite, beaver that was an older pounce job, he just finished. I have photos to post, with all the specs. Tim is looking for a name for this lid and wants some ideas from fellow lounge members. All names will be taken into consideration, don't be shy fellas. This was his first attempt at edge binding and I know what's involved with doing this procedure by hand and not a machine.....I messed up my 1st and only one at least 3 times. He seems to have it already down pat. I will post photos and specs in another separate post. I'm very excited for Tim, I hope you all are as well, and I wish him all the luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR