Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Joining the club. I'm on the block.

I think the bartenders should merge this thread with the Cane Rod Maker thread. Just my two cents.

Here is my dark moss OR clone in progress. Thanks Tim!

c935943e986fe9b1cef2e6411f70822a.jpg

Last edited:
Gentlemen,

Thank you all very much. First, Gabe I want to thank you for your support and encouragement. It seems every time I get beaned at the plate, someone on the lounge has always seemed to find me at the right time; when I really needed it, in my life.
A fork in the road made me decide this was the time to make hat making, my thing. Straight up, I have to work from home. No brick and morter store. I love what I do. I hand make a beautiful product and have really grown as a maker. So far, just simple, accurately conveyed numbers from clients and expressing a fit you need, has worked very well. I have over 50 under my belt and I am now doing bound continuous loop edge treatment, yes, by hand. I hope you all enjoy this new thread and follow me on Instagram. Alleykathatco
Just wrapping up on my liners, art work. I am exploring sublimation which will be a multi color logo.
Kudos to my good friend and Lounger, bolthead. He did my art. I have a very nice sticker currently in the works for my box. Price permitting, a die cut laminated window sticker. A Kool Kat complimentary item. That's all for now. Looking forward to making you a hat!
I hope my Cane's Creation's can merge into this new account. Can that happen? Please.

My contact is still the same
Email: rodmaker@ptd.net
prices:
235.00 staple rabbit
300.00 dress weight beaver, 100%
Add 50.00 for a hand sewn edge treatment
Add 15.00 for a wind cord.
Plus Shipping and Insurance.

RJR

Gentlemen,

Thank you all very much. First, Gabe I want to thank you for your support and encouragement. It seems every time I get beaned at the plate, someone on the lounge has always seemed to find me at the right time; when I really needed it, in my life.
A fork in the road made me decide this was the time to make hat making, my thing. Straight up, I have to work from home. No brick and morter store. I love what I do. I hand make a beautiful product and have really grown as a maker. So far, just simple, accurately conveyed numbers from clients and expressing a fit you need, has worked very well. I have over 50 under my belt and I am now doing bound continuous loop edge treatment, yes, by hand. I hope you all enjoy this new thread and follow me on Instagram. Alleykathatco
Just wrapping up on my liners, art work. I am exploring sublimation which will be a multi color logo.
Kudos to my good friend and Lounger, bolthead. He did my art. I have a very nice sticker currently in the works for my box. Price permitting, a die cut laminated window sticker. A Kool Kat complimentary item. That's all for now. Looking forward to making you a hat!
I hope my Cane's Creation's can merge into this new account. Can that happen? Please.

My contact is still the same
Email: rodmaker@ptd.net
prices:
235.00 staple rabbit
300.00 dress weight beaver, 100%
Add 50.00 for a hand sewn edge treatment
Add 15.00 for a wind cord.
Plus Shipping and Insurance.
You will do well,Tim.

Gabe Long

One of the Regulars
Y'all, I usually am a brim up kinda guy. I'm a casual fella, usually in tees and urban wear. But this beauty isn't just flanged for a great even up brim, it snaps so softly and holds anything I can throw it's way.
4f881caa0dbf785068d4be373de4b3e3.jpg

Here she is in profile with the brim snapped down. Tim has made the hat of my dreams. The felt is thin, maleable, and pounced perfectly.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Looks Great Gabe ! Have Fun ! I love Tim's Work , its fantastic ! You grow the whiskers Fast ! Looks Great , too .

Joining the club. I'm on the block.

I think the bartenders should merge this thread with the Cane Rod Maker thread. Just my two cents.

Here is my dark moss OR clone in progress. Thanks Tim!

c935943e986fe9b1cef2e6411f70822a.jpg

Boy Harv ! That's Going to be AWESOME ! What dimensions are you going with ? I'm pretty sure 2 3/4" Brim , but what's the Open Crown ? Modern Standard , or Vintage Height ? The Old Ones ROCK ! Gorgeous Color !

All the Best Tim ! I'm sure you'll have Great Success , you've made some Beauties !

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Tim, may God bless you in your efforts my friend! I really enjoy the two hats you've made me and I'm looking forward to more to come. I know you'll do well in your hat making. I wish you the best!

Gabe that is a stunning hat! You wear it very well! Tim always does a great job of making the "perfect" hat and his customer service is just as perfect!

Looks Great Gabe ! Have Fun ! I love Tim's Work , its fantastic ! You grow the whiskers Fast ! Looks Great , too .

Boy Harv ! That's Going to be AWESOME ! What dimensions are you going with ? I'm pretty sure 2 3/4" Brim , but what's the Open Crown ? Modern Standard , or Vintage Height ? The Old Ones ROCK ! Gorgeous Color !

All the Best Tim ! I'm sure you'll have Great Success , you've made some Beauties !
Thanks Michael! Its going to have a 5 3/4" crown and a 2 7/8" brim, or there abouts. Can't wait!

Gabe Long

One of the Regulars

Thanks! I grew the beard just that morning in a fit of passion. [emoji1]

Gabe that picture is great. Nice post. Its nice to see some old friends coming back to the thread.
I appreciate every post. Every comment and everyone here for being some of the best people I have had the pleasure to know .
I reference many of you over the years to others. A very supportive caring group on this forum. People from here saw me through some rough times, and stayed after me, in touch with me all on their own thinking....Amazing.

All the best with your new, and very cool, company name. You'll be hearing from me in the very near future. I'm a great admirer of your work.

I just sent NES Enterprises my artwork hard copy; along with alternative choices for lettering colors and the Kool Kat's Hat.

I am really excited about this.

Thanks all for posting and keeping my thread alive.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner