Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Gonna have to agree with what everyone else has said. That hat looks fantastic on Daniel! Wow!

Such great work Tim!

Thank you very much for the post Rodney .
I will have you going on a block today.
I appreciate all the good words, here, IG, on the phone, and in text. Looking forward to making those hats for you. Talk very soon. Tim

...and I have to say on top of everything else, I really like the narrow finished brim binding.

Hi Bob, Thanks for the good words. The edge binding is a 3/8 inch. Same as the main ribbon and bow. I am trying to capture to the best of my ability the vintage Stratoliner and Open Road look. The cool thing is a few of these that get named, I have a mile and a half of that ribbon, so I am making a line up of these. As always, thanks for the good words and stopping by the thread.

Luv; I'm praying for you and Daniel.

Johnny, thanks for stopping by and for the prayers you send to Cindy and Daniel.
JOHNNY - I could never repay you for what you did for me. I took a beating, I was worn down, that was 4 years ago. You sat me down like a prize fighter, wiped my eyes clear; opened my heart, and sent me back out to preform. So glad you found my corner and put me into perspective to include the Lord back in my life. Bless you my friend.

Daniel is one stylin' dude - the hat looks fantastic and it's always great to see our good friend!!

He sure is, the man has style, spirit and guts.
I enjoyed talking with him for almost 2 hours recently. I appreciate him, for showing me strength in what he has to endure and the enviable. Thank you very much for the compliments as well. Hope to see you again soon. Tim

I've taken an extended morning coffee, so I can interact with you all and properly thank everyone here; not only for the good words to me, but rather all those back to Cindy and Daniel. I enjoyed that. It was time well spent this morning. If I missed anyone, I am very sorry but do know I appreciate every person here. For here, I've found many reasons to plug on, forward and positive. If I could quote scriptures like JT or Michael R why I'd lay those numbers here for reference. But I've seen, and understand that there is a plan for me and when the road was dark and dreary; I was given the tools to find the words that helped me better understand. NOW it all starts to fall into place. It's taken 10 months since losing my job and fumbling around, but again I was guided by a friend; and I learned a lot about myself while using that time to learn and grow as a hat maker. Thank you all so very much. Let me get to work now. It might have been extended coffee but I'll be working till 7pm or so. Hats to make, people to please and the rebuilding of CaneRodMaker as a man, is well on the way. I appreciate you all very much.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hi Bob, Thanks for the good words. The edge binding is a 3/8 inch. Same as the main ribbon and bow. I am trying to capture to the best of my ability the vintage Stratoliner and Open Road look. The cool thing is a few of these that get named, I have a mile and a half of that ribbon, so I am making a line up of these. As always, thanks for the good words and stopping by the thread.
Wlcm Tim.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I've taken an extended morning coffee, so I can interact with you all and properly thank everyone here; not only for the good words to me, but rather all those back to Cindy and Daniel. I enjoyed that. It was time well spent this morning. If I missed anyone, I am very sorry but do know I appreciate every person here. For here, I've found many reasons to plug on, forward and positive. If I could quote scriptures like JT or Michael R why I'd lay those numbers here for reference. But I've seen, and understand that there is a plan for me and when the road was dark and dreary; I was given the tools to find the words that helped me better understand. NOW it all starts to fall into place. It's taken 10 months since losing my job and fumbling around, but again I was guided by a friend; and I learned a lot about myself while using that time to learn and grow as a hat maker. Thank you all so very much. Let me get to work now. It might have been extended coffee but I'll be working till 7pm or so. Hats to make, people to please and the rebuilding of CaneRodMaker as a man, is well on the way. I appreciate you all very much.

Well now, we can really be looked at as "FAMILY"...as that is how we do it!

IMAG4067_zpsygt7j2oh.jpg

HAIR! Hahahahaah!

I thought that picture was just Hurricane Jack looking up.

2ylo4dl.jpg

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family

I must say that is a very nice lid indeed...I may be biased just a bit since I believe I have the original Midnight Rider :) Daniel has a great looking hat and man that purple suit to go with it is amazing. I wish that I had both the suit and the confidence to pull it off like he does. Pretty awe inspiring!

Tim, great work on the hat as always. Great work on the Black Cherry, I have seen Winchester Black Cherry felt that when it arrived it is nearly black and to get the purple hues to come out takes some work and lots of patience. If I may make a suggestion, I suggest you create a few listings on Etsy for both Midnight Rider and Grand Torino so that others outside of this forum can see your work. It is a good way to start the two hat model lines. Just be clear that the photos are for reference only and not the actual hat as each hat is made to order at the time they order or contact you. Indicate your lead times, etc. You may be able to put another generic listing for a custom hat as well.

Kurt, I am a fan of your photography and like the prop staging. I recently took an online class about product photography for online selling on platforms like Etsy and it is recommended to use props to help accentuate and draw attention to the item. Looks like one of the props in the photos above is a piece of Alder wood acting as a hat stand, I really like that. I also like how many of the photos were either the tools used to make the hat or steampunk like things that give an era appropriate feel. If helping with photos for Etsy they recommend them to be in 800x1000 pixels either landscape or square images, that way the cropped thumbnail includes the center point of the image. They do not recommend going past 1000 pixels square.

Great work by Tim on the hat and Kurt for photography. Daniel must be a very happy man right now.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I must say that is a very nice lid indeed...I may be biased just a bit since I believe I have the original Midnight Rider :) Daniel has a great looking hat and man that purple suit to go with it is amazing. I wish that I had both the suit and the confidence to pull it off like he does. Pretty awe inspiring!

Tim, great work on the hat as always. Great work on the Black Cherry, I have seen Winchester Black Cherry felt that when it arrived it is nearly black and to get the purple hues to come out takes some work and lots of patience. If I may make a suggestion, I suggest you create a few listings on Etsy for both Midnight Rider and Grand Torino so that others outside of this forum can see your work. It is a good way to start the two hat model lines. Just be clear that the photos are for reference only and not the actual hat as each hat is made to order at the time they order or contact you. Indicate your lead times, etc. You may be able to put another generic listing for a custom hat as well.

Kurt, I am a fan of your photography and like the prop staging. I recently took an online class about product photography for online selling on platforms like Etsy and it is recommended to use props to help accentuate and draw attention to the item. Looks like one of the props in the photos above is a piece of Alder wood acting as a hat stand, I really like that. I also like how many of the photos were either the tools used to make the hat or steampunk like things that give an era appropriate feel. If helping with photos for Etsy they recommend them to be in 800x1000 pixels either landscape or square images, that way the cropped thumbnail includes the center point of the image. They do not recommend going past 1000 pixels square.

Great work by Tim on the hat and Kurt for photography. Daniel must be a very happy man right now.

Very nice review, and very much appreciated Kevin. I like to use props because of the very reason you stated. All off the props are tim's. I go there and look around, use what I think will work. I brought props in when I had a certain theme or idea, like the old camera, that was lent to me by a pro photographer friend. I really don't have enough equipment, but I utilize what I have. I by no means make a living at this.....but it is something that I became very passionate about. By the way, I believe the wood I used for a stand is white birch, we have a lot of it around us. We also have alder as well tho. Thanks for the tip about the pixels, good to know.

It will be change of season here soon, I have a few ideas, so whomever is on deck will have some very colorful hat photos. Thanks again brother.

Last edited:

Good to see you posting, Kevin!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Yes...we have a ivory hat with a purple ribbon and trim from Esther to go with several ivory dinner tux jacket and dark purple pants and now this hat to go with the dark purple double breasted jacket and a couple of other jackets and suits...we do that...have hats made for the colors of suits and dinner jackets. Grey Sharkskin suits and jackets...grey hats!

This hat from Tim is special. I hope other people will order from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner