Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
"Very skinny ribbon with the tie knot" is a western hat ribbon treatment, not really a fedora ribbon. Closest thing to that for fedoras or dress hats is the Stratoliner/Open Road style ribbon & bow treatment.
Going with the thin ribbon & knot you are spec'ing a "country" style hat as opposed to a "city" hat, more work hat than dress hat...

Memphislawyer; What GTDean said! I say get 2 hats. An outdoors hat and a hat to go downtown.

Best, Eric -

TomS

One Too Many
I like the Sandune or the lighter shade of Brown. The pewter matches up perfect, but I prefer something a little more different.

I'm thinking we mght have the same thought... still mulling it over though. That pewter is nice!!

GTD48OpenCrownPlayboystylebow011.jpg

It has arrived...looks great...no time for photos...maybe after work or tomorrow.
VERY NICE job Tim!

Thank you Tom. Let me know how it fits you. Post your handy work when you crease it.

Thanks again for your purchase!

Tim

It fits just fine Tim. Wore it last night out to the local fish house for supper then all morning today doing chores.
I did a quick center dent with long side dents, snapped down the front brim for the swoop I like, slight curl in the back.
IMG_20121229_100142_254.jpg

Really like the nice sweatband & lite colored liner. Fits like it was measured for my head...
IMG_20121229_100206_897.jpg

:eusa_clap

Excellent!!
Thanks again Tom.

It fits just fine Tim. Wore it last night out to the local fish house for supper then all morning today doing chores.
I did a quick center dent with long side dents, snapped down the front brim for the swoop I like, slight curl in the back.
IMG_20121229_100142_254.jpg

Really like the nice sweatband & lite colored liner. Fits like it was measured for my head...
IMG_20121229_100206_897.jpg

tealseal

A-List Customer
I love this hat!! Warm round of applause to both you and Tim.

scooter

Practically Family
Both these guys sanity can be questioned....but they both dress up a thin ribbon really well.

75920_10151274258224883_1815034580_n.jpg

Bobby-Cannavale-in-Boardwalk-Empire-A-Man-a-Plan.jpg

I'll take a flyer here and assume some people aren't aware of this, but that mask thing on his face was fairly common at one point in our history. They actually had people (highly skilled metal artists) that would shape and then paint very thin sheets of metal (copper?) including eyes and such, to be worn by returning soldiers and others who had suffered severe facial disfigurement. I watched a fascinating program on this at some point in the past. With the advent of plastic surgery, this became obsolete but there are still a very small and HIGHLY skilled group of artists who paint replacement eyeballs for people. This is a very small fraternity!

TomS

One Too Many
I spoke to Tim aka Cane this evening... He is finishing up my hat, and had a few questions. His attention to detail, and customer service are awesome!

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Mine is en route. Got finished pics yesterday. Tim asked me to wait to post so I will. I must brag once again about Tim. He got a free body from Winchester so he passed along the gift to me and only asked that I pay material and shipping. Simply a fantastic gesture and one that is greatly apprecitated.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Ok here it is. Staple silver belly felt. Vintage cashew ribbon with a dusty rose accent. Also put a pink accent to celebrate the birth of my little girl. This is a great gift from Tim for this awesome occasion.
5 3/4 open crown
2 3/4 brim
fdc60bcfd4841f41df0160707c64d761.jpg
634e1c67e12f4232aa0d0e7087b55cea.jpg
222218cf1bbc4ba098a7c91b9a8bd063.jpg
61d847820bc855d2cb6eef570a3fd5ba.jpg
f236c212dd3578726ff8734022cddf77.jpg
I love the diamond crease. I think Tim did a fantastic job

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member