Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

I am functional and looking for work, if there is anyone out there who would like a hat made. Please drop me a line. I aim to please. I do everything by hand. I can only make a few hats a month and take pride in my work.

I have a decent supply of Winchester Staple rabbit and Beaver 100 dress weight.

I have miles of TRUE VINTAGE trim.
I am now offering 3 sizes in Radius curls for flat brims bound or unbound.

Can I make anyone a hat?

For more information:
Message me here or.....
Alleykathatter@ptd.net
#alleykathatco (INSTAGRAM)
Thank you everyone.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My ship has come in! I just came in the door from work and asked my son if anything had arrived. He replied,"I don't think so," and then came into my study and said "Is this for you?," handing me the box. Funny boy. What can I say? The fit is uncannily perfect - just glides right down and stays. There's just nothing quite like a custom hat when the fit's been absolutely nailed. This is the hat I've wanted for years: I know the color combo of whiskey and black with a pop of red isn't for everybody, but that's the whole point of custom. Can't explain it. This is a gorgeous hat - stitching is impeccable, color's gorgeous, the felt is soft but firm, and the whole thing's just unique and perfect. Couldn't possibly be happier with it, and dealing with Tim every step of the way has been a pleasure and a learning experience. Tim has that rare ability to somehow know what it is you're really looking for.
I'm a bit exhausted at the moment (been up since 4:30 am), but Junior promises he'll take photos tomorrow and help me with posting the pics. Thanks again, Tim, and you too, Bolthead for taking the time and posting those shots.
More details tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks to you too, Zombie, for turning me on to Tim's work and that whiskey color. That's what got me into this. Cheers.
You're very welcome; I guess I'm good for something every once in a while. :D

As for Tim's work, it speaks for itself but not everyone has had an opportunity to see it for themselves so a little promotion never hurts. I'm a "call it as I see it" kind of guy, and if I didn't think Tim's work was worthy of such promotion I would simply remain silent. But in my opinion Tim's work ethic and attention to detail are as good as anyone's. Yes, he wants his customers to be happy with their hats, but I sincerely believe his motivation goes beyond that. He takes pride in his work without being arrogant about it, and he's wise enough to know there is always more to learn--the mark of a true craftsman as far as I'm concerned.

As for "somehow know what it is you're really looking for", I don't know if it's insight or intuition but it was certainly the case when he made my hat, and by the time it was finished it was exactly what I had pictured in my mind. He's gifted in more ways than one, and his easygoing nature made the whole process a genuine pleasure for me.

Okay, I'll stop before Tim's head gets too big for his hats. ;)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here

As for Tim's work, it speaks for itself but not everyone has had an opportunity to see it for themselves so a little promotion never hurts. I'm a "call it as I see it" kind of guy, and if I didn't think Tim's work was worthy of such promotion I would simply remain silent. But in my opinion Tim's work ethic and attention to detail are as good as anyone's. Yes, he wants his customers to be happy with their hats, but I sincerely believe his motivation goes beyond that. He takes pride in his work without being arrogant about it, and he's wise enough to know there is always more to learn--the mark of a true craftsman as far as I'm concerned.

As for "somehow know what it is you're really looking for", I don't know if it's insight or intuition but it was certainly the case when he made my hat, and by the time it was finished it was exactly what I had pictured in my mind. He's gifted in more ways than one, and his easygoing nature made the whole process a genuine pleasure for me.

I honestly couldn't have put it better myself. Great experience and incredible hat.

Al,
I am thrilled to read your words. And I appreciate your expressions regarding my personal ways as an artist and general good dude. Thank you!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I don't know about about naming hats. I'm so bad at coming up with names for things that my poor cat has gone for eight years with the title "Cat." Sarsaparilla's right out: I've got enough image problems. "Tobacco Road?" That would suit my life-style and is also one of my favorite songs (Nashville Teens). But I don't know: where would it end? Meet my shoes - Bill and Fred.
"Just don't call you Shirley"....hahah

The Tobacco Road is great!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I love every single hat that Tim has made. After a very long debate with Daniel about another hat and what color...well...hahah I was thinking anything in a brown color...whiskey...pecan...tan...chocolate...but nope! He thinks that a Grand Torino would fit in with all the earthy colors he can think of in his clothing attire, as it would fit in with browns, and even gray. So.....I have to put some muulah in our Bank for Pay Pal...to get the ball rolling on it with Tim. Then I guess I will have to insist on another hat from Esther...have to keep up with new hats rolling in while we can. Each time I speak of another hat with Daniel...it sparks him right up...in many ways....(hehehehe)!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Looking forward to it, thank you very much Cindy.
Yep...it will be a few days but as soon as I can, I will pay pal you so we can do this! I will let you know when you can check your pay pal account! Geez, this is exciting to just think another great hat to "head" our way! Haha! LOVE IT! Just LOVE IT! Now to figure what to have Esther make....humm.....hahah!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925