Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

I'm blocking for Cindy/Daniel today. And waiting on a Whiskey body, for another gentleman who found me on Instagram.
Happily ready to take on work, for anyone here, if there is anyone interested in a build.

I had new my leather arrive. I didn't know when it was going to happen, it was something I'd been wanting, to make my product more personalized and professional.
Heat Stamp / branded on naked taupe, and naked natural, just vegetable tanned. I also got Ginger, but it has the protection coating, those required hot pressed gold foil. Mostly for the thought of Etsy, and a return policy. But I'll still put one in your hat if you prefer.
Take a peek, on my Instagram feed #alleykathatco
Thank you all, for good words. Thank you to those who have taken me serious, and allowed me to create for you. And thank you to all who continue to be supportive.

It's all I can do at this time, and I'm OK with that. I can make a few hats a month, by hand; and all that I really want is to just keep busy, and not struggle as much, to get by. And that will slowly happen. I pray for it, and I had a lot of spiritual guidance through close friends here. Thank you.

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I'm blocking for Cindy/Daniel today. And waiting on a Whiskey body, for another gentleman who found me on Instagram.
Happily ready to take on work, for anyone here, if there is anyone interested in a build.

I had new my leather arrive. I didn't know when it was going to happen, it was something I'd been wanting, to make my product more personalized and professional.
Heat Stamp / branded on naked taupe, and naked natural, just vegetable tanned. I also got Ginger, but it has the protection coating, those required hot pressed gold foil. Mostly for the thought of Etsy, and a return policy. But I'll still put one in your hat if you prefer.
Take a peek, on my Instagram feed #alleykathatco
Thank you all, for good words. Thank you to those who have taken me serious, and allowed me to create for you. And thank you to all who continue to be supportive.

It's all I can do at this time, and I'm OK with that. I can make a few hats a month, by hand; and all that I really want is to just keep busy, and not struggle as much, to get by. And that will slowly happen. I pray for it, and I had a lot of spiritual guidance through close friends here. Thank you.

Well now Tim...you know there is only you and Esther that we will trust with our business....and of course, you are both just like family to us. Now I do send some items to BOND as he has a talent like you for doing things right. And like you and Esther....BOND is family to us as well. Not a hard choice to know who to have a hat made by....haha! I can recall a long long time ago whan Daniel was posting here on the Lounge and we looked at a few of your early editions of what you were making. You have grown MILES with the natural talent you have for making hats. If I had more of a budget to work with, I would be ordering more from you and Esther...but my money tree died a long while back....AND not to say you all are charging so much for your work...not at all. It is a bargain for what you produce.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I really needed to be able to show Daniel another custom on the works....it makes a difference right now in giving him something to be looking forward to and get his mind off his medical horrors. So the Torino will be like medicine! We here are so thankful....and as always, Tim keeps us informed as well as doing what he can to take some pictures to document his work.

I've been busy getting a few complete suits/sports jackets and trousers, shirts, cufflinks, neckties, socks all lined up for Daniel to wear with the Torino color. And I was even able to find a hat pin! Not sure how it will go with the Torino Ford theme...it is a prancing horse (ferrari) style gold and silver pin with a emerald eye on the horse. I may have to continue to browse and see if I can find something closer to the Ford theme.....ebay and etsy...here I come! hahaha!

Hi, everyone. I sent Tim a few not-very-good photos of my hat today after trying unsuccessfully to post them directly. As I'm on vacation for the summer now, I'm determined to figure out the process. The pics should be showing up tomorrow, with better ones the beginning of next week.

Hi Bob,
I forwarded the emails to Kurt and asked when he had some time, to upload them here, for you.
You should see them soon.
Thanks and you do wear that hat so well!

Folks will be impressed, this man is stylin.

Brown felt with blue ribbon and brim binding is not a color scheme that would immediately leap to my mind, but it really works and the red accent on the bow is a nice subtle touch. Also, I think the crown height and shape and the overall proportions suit Tropical Bob very well. I think you've created another winner Tim!

RJR

Brown felt with blue ribbon and brim binding is not a color scheme that would immediately leap to my mind, but it really works and the red accent on the bow is a nice subtle touch. Also, I think the crown height and shape and the overall proportions suit Tropical Bob very well. I think you've created another winner Tim!
+1

That 4th. picture isn't true, the ribbon is not blue. It is 1/2 inch vintage black. I'll see if I can get that taken care of. Thanks for the post, because I know now, the hat is not seen as it is to be to lounge members viewing

I just joined tap talk, if someone would tell me how to send a photo from my phone, to the thread, using taptalk, I appreciate it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hey Tim. At the bottom, in the reply section, is a + sign. Tap that, choose the image icon (little square that looks like it has mountains on it). That should take you to your photo library.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

I want to see, if these pictures, of Tropical Bob's hat, from my phone library, show this ribbon black.

It is 1/2 inch black edge and main ribbon. Let's see...
195ff91e7311e6d49cc40c5b53afe074.jpg
a9ef154b0beb1c1baa5f55f5d3ab4920.jpg
131025765147782c714335304b41da38.jpg
3b4edbaaa4e6f324701f232f6e6cc28c.jpg
dba38d5cd302f9b420b11152e9e6e6fc.jpg

I'll show you the bolt, it is pure Black Bob. Here is something I noticed, on some old ribbon, it allows light through, so in a sense, I believe some of the whiskey color of the body, changes the hue. If I wrapped a piece if this ribbon, over my finger, you can, if you look hard, see my skin tone. That is making me realize something in the roll, ribbon plays on the felt. Just as light gets under your finger, to help a diamond sparkle.
There is that little hole, in the bottom of a stone setting that allows this to happen, in my mind, I can equate those, as the looms weave, allows for some transferance. That is just my thought, on how that true black, changes just a little in this case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy