Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

Harper

New in Town
Hey Preacher Man! Good to hear. I found a reference early in the thread that Tim only had forms for 7 1/2 and up. There was a reference to some new old ones getting acquired through the help of another forum member, but nothing confirmed.

4crumleys

New in Town
I may have missed it, but is there a standard cost, the variable from there based on personal choices?

Harper

New in Town
That was a question I would like answered also. I think I found one mention of price in the thread. Certainly people's expenditures are there own business, but I would like to know.

Gentlemen,
I am able to make hats in sizes 6-7/8, 7, 7-1/8, 7-1/4, 7-3/8, 7-1/2, 7-5/8 and 7-3/4. And I have made a LO for 2 gentlemen and that worked out just fine.

My prices may go up a few dollars in the next few months as I wanted to start off very reasonable and get my product out there. My current prices are:
185.00 Staple Rabbit
250.00 100% dress weight beaver.

Only offering a raw edge at this time.

The old blocks I was looking into didn't happen......I got a few but only was able to use 1.

Looking forward to helping out other sizes now.....thanks for the interests.

Tim
That was a question I would like answered also. I think I found one mention of price in the thread. Certainly people's expenditures are there own business, but I would like to know.

Last edited:

elveston

Familiar Face
Just placed an order with Tim for a Whiskey beaver 7 1/2 LO. I was really impressed by the photos on the thread as well as the comments. I would encourage anyone interested to not wait too long to order. I'm sure the prices will creep up as Tim gets busier.

mingoslim

Practically Family
Well . . . Based upon what I have seen here, and read . . . and a great correspondence with Tim (he is really super to deal with) . . . I too have placed and order.

I look forward to sharing the details with you all soon!

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Well . . . Based upon what I have seen here, and read . . . and a great correspondence with Tim (he is really super to deal with) . . . I too have placed and order.

I look forward to sharing the details with you all soon!
Congrats my man! I know I am bias but Tim really is a special hatter. I wish you could feel the latest hat he made for me. It may be bunny felt but I have been hard pressed to feel Beaver felt with such a finish

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rodmaker , tim has a delivery from Canada coming it left the cellar today , i had to hire someone to dig, the eight crates out and sort the stuff, ron says what is this city burned in the wood, oh that one in transyvani, you know dracula , made over 80 years old these hat moulds are old. It took two hours to sort and kinda figure out tim wanted maybe? and go to the post office , worst snow storm in 5 years to hit this part of Canada. Well it should take about a week for the hat moulds to get there, hope tim is happy, this man has a tired looking fedora that he wears these days. Your 59Lark which is sitting in two feet of snow in the lane.

......did this ever happen?

elveston

Familiar Face
Ebay auction for Tim's Steel Rabbit just finished. Looks like I will soon be wearing two of Tim's creations, one rabbit and one beaver. I'm really looking forward to getting the rabbit as I've heard so many positive comments on the feel, finish, and softness (or lack of stiffness?). I'll post some photos and comments as soon as I get it.

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
I just wanted to give some recognition to Tim. He has been excellent to work with as he creates a custom hat for me, and has graciously kept me updated on where he is on the process. He is also a super nice guy. I can't wait to see the final product.

Steve

aught12

One of the Regulars
I recently purchased a fedora blocked by Cane from a dead stock Mallory body. This hat is unique to me in so many ways:
  • Color is a luscious brown, with some kind of red/eggplant/oxblood thing going on.
  • Felt is light!
  • Straight sides with a shorter crown -- which I dig a lot.
  • 1 1/16th ribbon is nice
  • Love his crease
  • Sweat is a little different, and feels great.

The pics. Sorry about the grimace and dusty car; 100 degrees and humid out.

As others have indicated, Tim's communication, price and service are first rate. You can bet this lid will get the majority of head time come September and October!

Jeff

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
^^Fantastic hat Jeff! Love that color. It looks great on you.

Here are a couple of shots of my hat, courtesy of Tim. It's a pecan rabbit with a 2 3/8 brim and a crown pinched at around 4 inches. I'm trying to decide on a couple of ribbon colors. Let me know what you think and prefer. Ain't she a beauty? The first ribbon sample is pewter and I like it, but want some opinions.

20130717_215942_zps62b13e1e.jpg

20130717_215443_zpsfdd85f80.jpg

20130717_221232_zps82d5fd6c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo