Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alpha Made In China...Help Needed

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thinking of buying an Alpha L2B Jacket for the spring (when it eventually arrives). I want one in the Replica Blue..will need to go for a current Made in China Alpha. Does anyone have any experience of the quality? Sizing? of Chinese Alphas? I'm a 46" chest.

Cheers Lee

Edward

Bartender
There's not much on the L2 to go wrong with. I'm eyeing one of those in the blue too. Nice navy blue, just like the originals. With a decent USAF decal, it seems it'd look pretty good. I have one of the early 90s Vintage Series L2As, and the XL is a neat fit on me. I typically wear 42-44. I don't know if these newer jackets are cut the same. I do wish they would revive the Replica Series of the early 90s, to the same quality, whether US or Chinese made. Cracking jackets.

bn1966

Thanks Edward, received an XL NOS (USA Made) Alpha L2 today in sage, came up slightly small so going to put it on e-bay I think & try one of the Chinese made ones in that lovely blue..probably XXL.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Edward, received an XL NOS (USA Made) Alpha L2 today in sage, came up slightly small so going to put it on e-bay I think & try one of the Chinese made ones in that lovely blue..probably XXL.

The Chinese ones are solid but the fabric is thinner than the US ones. But still better than a mall bought equivalent.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The material used to be DuPont flight satin nylon 6-6, but this is no longer specified. Anyone know more about the changes to this fabric?

bn1966

Have contacted Alpha customer services re: the Chinese made L2Bs. They will give advice as to sizing based on your chest size, weight & height but stated they couldn't provide me with jacket dimensions. Have contacted a couple of sellers on e-bay, but both stated they didn't physically stock the jackets themselves. As far as colour goes, Alpha stated that with regard to the blues, the Navy was closest to original service issue.

bn1966

Alpha suggest a 3XL L2B ( I must be huge @ 5.10" with 46" chest) Alpha can't give jacket dimensions. Now going for a Gibson Barnes (friendly customer service)MA1/A in Navy with Navy lining (Mil Spec Nylon)...XL in their sizing (fingers crossed). Close enough to an L2B for me...giving Alpha a miss at present.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Alpha suggest a 3XL L2B ( I must be huge @ 5.10" with 46" chest) Alpha can't give jacket dimensions. Now going for a Gibson Barnes (friendly customer service)MA1/A in Navy with Navy lining (Mil Spec Nylon)...XL in their sizing (fingers crossed). Close enough to an L2B for me...giving Alpha a miss at present.

The Gibson and Barnes is just an Alpha. I have one. Mil Spec... really? The nylon is thinner (than my old US made Alpha) but okay. I'd like someone to chime in about Dupont 6-6 nylon and whether this is still used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass