Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AMAZING 1935 Chalkstripe Belt Back Three Piece Suit - for a youth/boy.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
Yes, I know, every gent I know wants a magic machine to make this wonderful suit their size! But I know there's a at least few folks on here with dapper children, so this killer suit my boyfriend has found may very well get a new home with a Lounger. (Also, please give Anon props for his great Vanna White impression.)

It is a navy blue with lighter blue chalkstripe. $95 plus shipping. (Send zip or country for shipping quote.)

The jacket has a fantastic pleated back with a nearly perfectly lined up beltback. Single breasted, peaked lapels and vented patch pockets. Has the standard petal lining and taped seams. It is dated April 6, 1935.
Shoulders: 15.5" Chest: 40" Waist: 38" Length: 22"

DSC_5420.jpg

DSC_5421.jpg

The vest - exactly like his dad would have worn, six buttons, satin back and lined in soft cotton.
Chest: 37.74 - SNUG 38"

DSC_5423.jpg

The pants have suspender buttons and unique darts at the back. There is a moth chew repair (pinched over material) just at the base of the zipper, on the opposite side. There are two AMAZING reweave repairs on the right pant leg (I'd imagine someone was horsing around and scraped his knee)
Waist: 34", Inseam 23 1/2", with 1/2" available.

DSC_5425.jpg

AND comes on this nifty hanger:

DSC_5426.jpg

Let the lamentations begin.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
Aww, thank you! I love that I can use my living room for my business sets. =) I would imagine you'd like even better when I have cute vintagey girls modeling cute vintage clothes.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many

Pdx, I was looking on your Fan Page pictures, and the first shot I saw of this particular suit was of the vest, which didn't look too remotely small (I figured a 36 or so as my focus was not on the model). I hit the 'previous' button, and discover my estimate was grossly wrong; and then crack up at Anon's spot on Vanna White impersonation. lol I got a good laugh out of that!

When can we expect some new Etsy entries? :D

Cheers,

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
Just you wait for his adult suits - they're all about 46L! (Maybe even extra long?) At least his proportions weren't quite as portly as an adult!
Flute, I'm still working on measurements - things keep getting in the way. Feel free to send inquiries about anything you've seen that you like. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24