Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

America In WWII Magazine

MelissaAnne

One of the Regulars
America in WWII

This is a fairly recent magazine - has been released in the last year. It mostly focuses on the people of WWII instead of the military tactics. Has tons of stuff on the American Home Front, stories from soldiers and others involved in the war, and always does a "gallery" of pictures on some subject. The latest issue (August 2006) focused on the German propaganda leaflets.

I wanted to share, just in case fellow Lounger's hadn't heard of it yet.

http://www.americainwwii.com/

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
They had a table at the WWII Weekend...

... in Reading. They were giving away magazines and I am sure they're going to have hundreds of new subscribers. Off to the salt mines just now, but I will try and do some scans and post them this evening.

-- ZF

MelissaAnne

One of the Regulars
I really enjoy the wartime advertising and the personal feel to the magazine. I've never been disappointed with any issue.

20thCenturyTim

New in Town
MelissaAnne said:
I really enjoy the wartime advertising and the personal feel to the magazine. I've never been disappointed with any issue.

Thanks so much for the heads up. I am surprised I missed it at B&N. I am glad to see a magazine that examines the Homefront, as that is my favorite aspect of the war to look at. That comes from my late mother growing up in Elkhart, Indiana and hearing her teenage stories about those years.

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
Did anyone see the GE ad in the new issue, saying that some day we may be able to make phone calls to passengers on airplanes? What will they think of next?

For me that’s all just a bunch of crazy talk.

MelissaAnne

One of the Regulars
I saw that ad, too. I think the ad I've liked the best is the one about the margarine that was white and you had to add a little capsule of yellow food coloring to it.

I also love the gorgeous photo spreads they do. Wonderful images in each issue.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
*bump*

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd bump this old one just to let new members know about this magazine. It's still going strong and is still a wonderful read. I subscribe to this and I've also seen it on the newstands at B&N.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo