Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

America In WWII Magazine

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
AmateisGal said:
LOL.

Good point. I always look, but I never see them advertise any jobs. Maybe I should just send them a kick-butt cover letter and resume...

That's the way - and good luck to you.:)
Wouldn't it be just great if we all worked with the things we really, really loved and really, really knew something about. Imagine the service you would get in shops, the great burges you could have, the intersting magazines you could read - written by people who really, really cared.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
That's the way - and good luck to you.:)
Wouldn't it be just great if we all worked with the things we really, really loved and really, really knew something about. Imagine the service you would get in shops, the great burges you could have, the intersting magazines you could read - written by people who really, really cared.

You're absolutely right! I've been searching for a job that I really love. I figure I'm spending the majority of my life working - why work at a job I don't like?

I think I'll go work on that resume now...:D

Mr. K.L.Bowers

One of the Regulars
I have become disillusioned with the magazine over the past several issues. I have been a subscriber to the magazine nearly since it hit the stands.

The writing quality has not deteriorated, but the subject matter, for the most part, I find less and less interesting.

I submitted a story about the newspaper printed in our hometown several years ago. Beginning with the start of the draft in October 1940 until VJ Day in August of 1945, our small rural town and the surrounding community supplied 449 men and 13 women to the armed services. This is a significant number of young men and women for a community with a population of less than 1,800 people.

Early in 1942, with the number of young people leaving for the Armed Forces rapidly growing, a group of citizens voiced a desire to enable those in the service to stay connected with their hometown. While there had been hundreds of community newsletters, the residents decided to publish an eight-page newspaper crammed with hometown news. The rest is history.

Admittedly I am no Ernest Hemingway, but I never received a rejection notice, a letter of exception , a no thanks letter or even a “you got to be kidding”!

This year I simply sent them a notice of the 3rd annual Williamsport MD WWII weekend in October back in June. October issue, it was not printed?

The last issue with Elvis Presley on the cover kind of nixed it for me for good. I did not even read it. Don’t know what the story is about, but Elvis was 5 when the war started.

Sour Grapes? Na, not at all. I do like the vintage ads and the pin up!

And the article was picked up by another magazine a year later.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Mr. K.L.Bowers said:
I have become disillusioned with the magazine over the past several issues. I have been a subscriber to the magazine nearly since it hit the stands.

The writing quality has not deteriorated, but the subject matter, for the most part, I find less and less interesting.

I submitted a story about the newspaper printed in our hometown several years ago. Beginning with the start of the draft in October 1940 until VJ Day in August of 1945, our small rural town and the surrounding community supplied 449 men and 13 women to the armed services. This is a significant number of young men and women for a community with a population of less than 1,800 people.

Early in 1942, with the number of young people leaving for the Armed Forces rapidly growing, a group of citizens voiced a desire to enable those in the service to stay connected with their hometown. While there had been hundreds of community newsletters, the residents decided to publish an eight-page newspaper crammed with hometown news. The rest is history.

Admittedly I am no Ernest Hemingway, but I never received a rejection notice, a letter of exception , a no thanks letter or even a “you got to be kidding”!

This year I simply sent them a notice of the 3rd annual Williamsport MD WWII weekend in October back in June. October issue, it was not printed?

The last issue with Elvis Presley on the cover kind of nixed it for me for good. I did not even read it. Don’t know what the story is about, but Elvis was 5 when the war started.

Sour Grapes? Na, not at all. I do like the vintage ads and the pin up!

And the article was picked up by another magazine a year later.

I have also sent them ideas and/or correspondence and never heard from them. I take that back - there was ONE exception to this, but that was it. I wonder if I posted something on their FB page if that would get their attention?

The last issue was about how WW2 changed the world. WW2 opened the doors for Elvis. :)

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Just a note, because she's too proud to mention it herself: The Lounge's own Amateisgal has had an article published in the latest issue of America In WWII. Go out and get a copy ... we need to keep publications like this in business.

Well done, Melissa! :eusa_clap

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Awwww, thank you so much, Rick! :eek:

It's in the April issue, Sharpsburg. I received my copy in the mail today. I'm not sure when it will be on the shelves, but I'm thinking mid-month.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Took some pics!

Mine's the Govt. Girl story...
govtgirl2.jpg

Byline!
govtgirl.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner